I started punching my ex when he tried to make amends and can't let go of this anger?

My ex has tried rebuilding a friendship with me because he messed up by cheating on me. He never physically cheated but I caught him online reaching out to random girls and exes telling them he misses them and he wants a family with them. I invested so much into him and finally couldn't take him back and told him to leave me alone. He kept on reaching out to me but I wouldn't respond. Once I felt I had moved on I finally responded to him. I understand that was my first mistake but he's been so good in trying to prove himself worthy again. I don't have those feelings of love anymore even though he does and says he will work hard at making me fall in love with him again. After a couple of months I realized I'm always making mean remarks and he just ignores it and then finally he said something about our past relationship and I snapped and started physically attacking him. He doesn't want to let me go though despite this saying he's going to show me unconditional love till I heal. Not sure if this is a good idea. Me attacking him like I did was pretty bad and to me means a toxic situation but he thinks it will just take time. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like you have some pent up emotion thats emerging as anger towards him. its one way to let your feelings out. he could've made a mistake in his eyes and regrets doing all that, however, you have to deal with the pain and hurt you went through before having anything serious with him again.

What Guys Said 1

• Damn lucky for you he is a bitch. Some guys would just knock your fucking teeth out if you started attacking them, probably me included. I mean this is the 21st century guys and girls are equal right?

What Girls Said 0