Should the guy pick you up from your home on the first few dates?

Suppose we're going for a movie at a mall that is right next to your home and I stay about 30mins away but I don't have a car. Will you pick me up in your car from my house or tell me to take the bus?

Still within one month of dating. He told me to take the bus. I felt it is very unromantic and that he doesn't want to take any effort for me.

thanks to those who replied. so many mixed responses. let me add that he did pick me up on our first couple of dates. this time he's saying he's busy so can't drive.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like the man should always pick the lady up. I'm also old school where chivalry was the norm.

What Guys Said 4

• No.. That isn't a good thing.. you can't let your date travel in a bus.. I always used pick up my date.. never asked her to take a taxi or bus..

• i would pick you up
    askin people to take the bus feels kinda rude

• My ride too badass for that so unless we fuckin...

No

• That only makes sense if the person believes in gender roles. Otherwise I don't see why it would be his place to pick the girl up.

What Girls Said 2

• Hmm. I choose to meet guys out for the first few dates, but I have had multiple stalker situations that were not pretty. I prefer no one know exactly where I live until we have been out a few times, for safety sake. I agree, it is chivalrous to pick the girl up but in today's world, is it always safe?

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhh... I *might* be a bit jaded.

• I feel like because you guys have just started dating it is in his role to still pick you up.