Is being friends with an ex bf that you love still a good or bad idea?

I'm just wondering if its best not to be friends after the break up if one of them loves them more then a friend still.

The ex bf still wants to remain friends even though he doesn't love the ex gf that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Many times when two people Break up doesn't mean they Can't Or Don't Make up and that it is Goodbye, my love. And with an "EX" that still Marks an X in your own heart, where they still may feel they are Missing the Kissing but nothing more anymore... it could end up to Remain in the drain and not go anywhere, maybe eventually go dead in the water.
    If you are still feeling that old lovin' feeling and he is feeling nothing but friends with or without benefits, this is not helping you to move on, for you continue to lick any of your war wounds, your mind Hooked to the past and with a ghost who may never rattle his chains with you again.
    It may be easier than said with his own heart and mind made up, but for you, it will constantly Pull at your own heart strings that he is not doing anymore headstands for you and is leaving you to stand alone on your own two feet, not really caring how you feel, just expecting you to do as you please as a free bird much like himself.
    Do some soul searching. Friendship with an Ex is okay if you can handle the arm's length with this. However, in being his bud, you need to lay down a few ground rules and tell him to Stay "At arm's length" for anything More with nothing in store will be in Your harm's way... I am speaking about A----Friends with benefits factor.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• Rule #1: Never deal with ex's.

• bad idea... he will think u are desperate and u dont have a life without him

What Girls Said 3

• from previous experience no it generally ends in disaster only because the person still in love tends to get jealous wen the person not in love any more starts seeing someone else and it can get complicated

• Very bad idea your only going to hurt yourself. I've done that to myself wasn't very good feeling.

• It could pretty much end like the other one will expect something from the other. Chaaaozzz