Starting date in my twenties - How?

I'm in my early twenties and would like to start dating, however, I've always been a bit socially isolated. I typically get along with people who are much older or younger than myself. I've only really dated once and he was twenty five, nothing bad happened, it was just a mutual split.
The biggest issue is that I don't drink or party, so I don't really know how to meet guys, I am also working independently which can be restrictive. I attend university; but I am yet to make any close friends, many of my friends are from high school. So I am just curious, how does a woman in her twenties meet guys, if not at clubs?

Most Helpful Guy

• you don't need to drink or party to meet guys, just meet guys wherever you go or the places you are attracted too. you can literally meet a good guy anywhere.

What Guys Said 6

• that whole paragraph sounded like me! ok, first off you dont even have to drink or party to meet people, its not necessary. secondly, you dont just start dating, you start by talking to a guy you think you like that you see a lot of the time. some guy in one of your classes? im pretty much the same as you in personality from what you said and for myself at least i decided to not even try to date or anything like that, just realized it was to difficult to try let alone manage.

• -Go into a bookshop
    -Spotted a handsome guy
    -Walk in front, make eye contact with him.
    -You could say Hi to him OR he says Hi to you

• Yep, this is a good place. Typically guys look for good women at bookstores, library's, grocery stores, but almost anywhere you can find single men. Just be open and friendly.

• Well, if you're not out meeting them at clubs and what not, I think your best bet is a dating website like Okcupid, or POF. Those are really the only two decent completely free dating websites I use :P

• parties are the easiest ways to meet guys. your at university, so join a society such as badminton or something your interested in. go on their social (wednesday night socials) and you'll meet guys in the socials

• Internet or go to the library or a place that you enjoy. Me I like going to the gym , I talk to the girls at the gym or when I go to the beach talk to girls at the beach go down to park for a walk often see girls or a girl walking probably single too I'll talk to them some times it goes well other times not well. I started just talking to anyone to build confidence guys couples old people didn't matter. Made it way easier and natural to talk to girls after having a bit of practice.

• Are you implying you have never had a boyfriend before?

• No, I haven't.

• What's your age? Because I'm still single as well and I'm 26

• I am twenty. I am not really concerned about it, as much as I'd like to put myself out there a little more. Hard to meet people when you're not the most outgoing person, you know?

What Girls Said 1

• Trust me, parties/clubs aren't usually where you meet boyfriend material anyway. Uni is more likely. Just let yourself be approachable, and guys at uni will probably start talking to you and go from there.