The guy I've been seeing to for 2 months told me that his mother has cancer?

I've been causally see a 33 year old man for about 2 months now and I've been trying to get to know him better (I've told him as much). We don't get to spend a lot of time together because of his school work and both of our jobs. Yesterday I texted him that I was dealing with some family stuff and that I was buy the past week. He then proceeded to tell me that his step mother is in early stages of cancer. He's already under a lot of stress as it is and he's been distant lately. I'm being very understanding of the situation and I told him that I'm going to pray for him and his family.

What's I'm asking is, and this may sound a little selfish, do you think he's starting to open up to me by telling me this?

I would think that people would not go around telling randoms about their family issues (I know I wouldn't). I'm not really sure how a man would go about this and I haven't been in this kind of situation before. It really meant a lot to me that he told me about this and I will tell him as much when I'm with him.

What Guys Said 1

• So it's a good sign actually that he is sharing things with you. Just support him if you can.

What Girls Said 0