Do you feel superior to people you reject?

Please be as honest as possible. Even if it means going anonymous. I'll add a poll if you're too scared of replying

If someone you are not interested in asks you out do you think that you are "better" than them. Do you feel that they are beneath you. Whether it is wrong or right is not important now, just whether you feel it, especially if you see them again

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Truthfully?

No, I feel like shit.

The only time I ever take happiness in shutting people down is if they are an asshole. Boy oh boy do I love grinding assholes into the dirt.

What Girls Said 13

• It may not be right, but yes I do. I feel better than them. That's why rejection sucks, because you know you weren't good enough for that one person. But here's the thing to remember just because this person rejected you doesn't mean that you are less then them. Just means that they see you as less than them. That they could do better.

• Yeah. That is how I sometimes see it too. I hate myself when that happens because other times I just think that it is compatibility issue with no superior/inferior feelings. Thanks for sharing :)

• of course! but at the end of the day what they think or don't think is really irrelevant. The opinion of someone that doesn't think the world of you is worth less than nothing. But usually when you see them again you don't feel like you're better than them (only when you reject them) when you see them again you usually just think "oh that person still likes me" even if it's been years and you are completely over that person.

• No, not at all. I don't think I'm superior to anyone. If I "reject" someone it's either because I'm already in a relationship or I'm simply just not interested in them romantically. It doesn't mean I think I'm "better" than them by any means.

• No, far from it. I feel bad for rejecting them.

• I wouldn't think they're "lower than me". When i'm not interested I'm just not interested lol
    For the record, I think rejecting someone directly is better than being afraid to reject them so you tell them "I'll think about it" or something and keep them hanging.

• NEVER, people reject others for various reasons, many years ago when i was a lot younger i rejected guy who was a professional, i didn't feel beneath him, just a little intimidated by him because of his status and extremely higj , IQ, so i def didn't feel superior to him, i have rejected guys cos i haven't been ready for a relationship at that time,
    No matter what status a person has in life, how big his house is, how big his car is or how big his ego is, we all have the same size grave in the end,
    The only one a person should be superior too , is their former self

• no. if i were to reject someone it would be because i didn't see a future with them or at least anything more than just being friends, not because i feel im above them

• No. I hate rejecting people, because I know how much courage it takes to ask someone out, and being rejected kinda hurts.

• But do you get a feeling of being "better" than them. We can't control our feelings sometimes

• I don't think we can ever control our feelings for others, actually. And no, I don't feel superior, just flattered

• No, He isn't my type (complicated explanation), my age (40 yr old guys seem to like me), he has ulterior motives and they are obvious. I rarely turn my nose up at anyone.

• I've got time for complicated if you do

• and i thought i am the only one. So there's two of us. What now? :P

• I have to be around them long enough to gauge composure, temperament and the ways they communicate. I've never tried by reading men by the women that they date.

• nooooo just not interested!

• no. that is just mean, never

• No, I feel bad for rejecting people because I've been rejected in the past and it hurts really bad.

• No not better than them. I just have no attraction. Sometimes I feel bad because they are usually nice people just no one I can imagine being romantic with.

• Only if they're complete asshats.

Usually, I think they're fine as human beings, but not compatible with me romantically.

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe for some people with inflated egos. but when most people turn others down, its more of a standards thing. thats if they were turned down before they could get a word in. if they were turned down after a light conversation, its more of a compatibility issue. There are only few douches out there that think that turning people down makes them feel superior... and i know some, mostly girls.

• nah. there are so many different shit in life. even the people you would think would never say no to you end up saying no to you. we just all have our own taste and opinions :D and we're at least trying to see how the mix goes.

• No not at all, but man I must really think a girl is unattractive or we can't connect well for me to reject her. I have low standards. If anything most girls would get rejected out of shyness or because they don't want what I want when it comes to relationships. But nah I'm not better than her. That's why I can't stand when people say so and so is "out their league". FOH. Even celeb females are not out my league.

• generally "no". Usually it's just lifestyle incompabilities.

• No, I feel like crap because I know what it's like to love someone who doesn't love you back.

If anything, it makes me philosophical.

• no why should i after all?

• Rejection only bothers me because it seems like things can never be normal again with a female who has rejected you. She either feels sorry, or creeped out, or some other odd feeling. It would be cool if we could just pick up where we left off once we have decided not to take it to that level.

• nope, I just don't think we will see eye to eye or I am not attracted to them.

• I feel like I would not click well with that said person. I have rejected a few, but I have never felt superior, just incompatible.

• I just feel like they didn't meet a standard.

• No. I tend to feel really horrible after rejecting someone...

• I picked yes but many times I will feel sorry for the girl. It is a fleeting feeling of superiority but not really towards them. It is usually more towards other guys. I seem to have a decent amount of women telling me I am sexy and it frankly feels good and makes me feel even sexier.

• Yeah. I hate myself for once 'feeling sorry" for a girl who was flirting with me. So self righteous. Looking back It was disgusting

• Well I don't rejoice in disappointing anyone. I am a people pleaser and I hate rejected and or sad faces.