Ex bf contacted me after 2.5 years. What do you think he wants?

My ex bf broke up with me 2.5 years ago. I took it pretty bad at the time and begged him and pleaded for him not to break up. He made up his mind and pretty much kept saying it was over. I deleted him from fb the next day.

I heard from mutual friends, that it took him almost 8 months before he started dating again and that he had a difficult time getting over me.

Anyway, this morning I saw that he had sent me a message on fb saying he hoped I was ok, that he had recently moved to my home country to work and that he hoped my family was okay too. At the end, he had written 'Yours,' and then his name.

Why would he reach out to me after 2.5 years to tell me he now works in my home country etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• He learned & want's you back. I'd make him "beg & plead" then tell him NO!
    He did it once he'll do it again.

• I'm not sure whether he wants to date again, because he lives in my home country now and I live abroad

• Does he know this?
      Maybe he shopped around & found that you were the prize! Now you're gone. There's no going back.
      Maybe he thinks you'll be back.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Many times just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and it is Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" that still Marks an X in his own heart, many times it's the Missing and the Kissing that keeps them coming back, especially Because-----He had a difficult time getting over me.
    Now that he is doing a job in your own 'home country,' he is getting some vibes and feeling sentimental and this is his reason for the old skeletons coming out of the closet again, rattling your own confused chains.
    You seem as though you have moved on, for 'deleting' him from Fb is telling me you have licked a lot of your war wounds. And by you both getting together should this end up happening, it just may stir up an ash or two in your own cob webs that were once in the back of your mind.
    It's your call, your choice how to handle this. You can meet up, take the chance that he just wants to start off as friends, maybe with benefits, not sure if it will go anywhere again or just keep things as they are and keep to your own life as it is and consider This a 'Ending' from someone you loved from the past... a ghost from yesterday.
    Good luck. xx

• On a scale of 1-10 how skilled is he at dating?

• He is pretty skilled.. he's very outgoing and can get with girls easily.

• Ok in that case, he may be regretting what happened and would like to meet you again. If you want something with him make him work for it. If he doesn't make an effort then we can say it's just sheer curiosity. Take care.