I like a mixed guy.. My parents don't like him at all?

Okay, so here's the thing..
I like this guy who goes to the same school as me, and he's mixed. ( His mom is Korean and his dad is black.) Me and him have had a little bit of a rough past but we forgave each other for it. I talked to my mom about him and she literally said " If you date him, I will ground you. " " You know your dad would be crushed." " He's already shown you how he really is, why would you put yourself through that after everything that has happened between you two?" I just don't know what to do.. My grandparents are also very racist. They grew up in the times where segregation was still in full swing and where they did call them " niggers" because it wasn't a huge deal to them and that's just what you called them. I don't know, so please don't write any hate, but if I'm wrong; correct me. anyways, I don't know what to do. I truly care about him and I forgave him for his mistakes and he forgave me for mine. I don't want to disappoint my family and ruin relationships with them either, but isn't my choice and more importantly, my life? I'm at a crossroads here.

What Guys Said 1

• just ignore them... why they should tell you who you like? LOL

What Girls Said 1

• Wow I never heard of something like this before In my entire life!