Should I go for him?

I have recently noticed this guy who goes to my college and it seems like I've caught his attention too. I like his personality, he's confident and smart and funny, more than he's good looking (he's not bad looking but he's nothing special either). I started spending more time with him, like he'd wait for me after lectures to walk me home and just do sweet stuff like that all the time. I'm pretty sure he's at least a bit into me, he gives me much more attention than anyone else and we're both being noticeably flirty - although I am still playing it pretty safe.
The thing is I think he might ask me out (he hinted at it today) and I'm not sure what to think. I do like spending time with him & his attention, but I'm not sure if I'm physically attracted to him or more just like a friend. I don't want to go out with him and lead him on and then change my mind. But I don't want to reject him because at the same time I might actually like him.
I also spent the past year in a very bad relationship and now I finally got out of it for real, and while I'm not heartbroken anymore, I am lonely and I kind of feel like I need someone new to completely move on and here's my chance.
But then again should I go for him just because he's the first guy I'm remotely interested in? I mean after my ex for a while I didn't even notice anyone or felt like flirting and he's the first guy I would actually consider maybe going out with.
So should I step up my game, get more flirty and go out with him and then see, or should I move away and just keep to myself until I realize what I want?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could go on a date as a way for you both to get to know each other better, and decide if you want to be in a relationship with him. If the date goes well and you find that you are interested in a relationship, then let him know. If it doesn't go well, at least you know and are not just wondering about it. Just make sure he knows its more of a getting to know each other kind of date, and not a serious date right away.

What Guys Said 3

• It souds like you aren't completely over the bad relationship, so I'd stay friends with the guy. I'd explain to him that you aren't ready for a relationship, or that you aren't ready to 'go out' with anyone, so that you head him off before he can ask you.

That way, you won't have to reject him, or tell him to cool it after you're already dating... and avoid any hurt feelings.

• He waits for you, and walks you home... What would happen if you guys dated for a few months and found out that it wasn't working out? You guys could just end it and move on, but in my opinion, it's going to be hard to find another guy who will be that nice.

• I think you should go out with him. But be honest about your intentions with him. Tell him you're not sure but want to see if there is something there

What Girls Said 1

• If you really have a genuinly good connectiom to. The guy, why not try to flirt a little bit amd see where it leads?

Since you got out of a bad relationship and you feel like you need that love and attention.. Be careful, don't rush in to things, give it time for real feelings to develop between the both of you.. :)

Xoxo