Can I tell my crush I like him? is that even a thing?

So I've been into this guy for a couple months now (HARD ON CRUSH) we have never really talked in person because were both really shy and awkward:( before i actually started texting him i would walk around shchool (lunch time) and always see him stare at me in a loving way, when i would look , he would smile and blush, then look away.. i would do the same. i asked him for his kik through instagram becasue i take photos for the school and he's in band so i had some shots of him , i basically sent him the pics and he was greatfull we started talking generally like stuff we have in common whats our intrest random things, he always takes forever to respond unless its late at night, i know he's really busy all the time, but i think its sweet he actualy at least finds time to respond, i dont really know what the next step is... all my friends are telling me to go for it, because ill wait to long and not get a chance.. i start to worry that its true maybe because im in grade 10 and he's in grade 9 so i also worry that thiers plenty of beautiful girls in his grade that would love to get their paws on him..
sorry that was long, but im really despo for help here :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Please tell him ASAP!!!

What Guys Said 1

• Go on ahead and tell him that you like him, i see nothing wrong with that

What Girls Said 4

• If you like him then tell him. If there are plenty of beautiful girls who like him, then you should tell him before they get there first. Have more confidence in yourself.

• Go for it. Get it out of the way. There are lots of guys.

• I think he's crouching on you. And if you think it could work out. Then give him a shot. If he says he's not interested. Hey you never know until you try. You took a risk many girls usually don't do. Be proud of that

• YES tell him! you'll regret it if you don't