Why is it socially accepted that guys ask girls out? Girls why dont you ask guys out?

Title seems self explanitory. just comment if you need more I guess

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably a social norm that boys are expected to take the initiative still from the days when women were pretty much dependent on a man both financially among other things.

Of course I still prefer to wait for guys to make the move, but I hate waiting so if he takes too long, I'd step up. Though he asked me first which I declined, a few months later I asked my boyfriend out actually and despite how incredibly awkward it was, we're still together & happy! :)

• You PREFER?

• Oh, I missed the part where you said ''to wait.''I thought you said you still prefer for guys to make the first move. My bad for taking it the wrong way lol

• hahah yeah, no worries.

What Girls Said 11

• I have only like one guy so far and I asked him out. It's not a guy's responsibility to ask girl out. I don't know who decides such bullshit dating rules like girls can't ask out, girls can't text first blah blah... if you REALLY love/like someone, and you know that they are single, then why not. If he says yes, then good but if he says no, at least I can move on.

• Guys want to be the superior gender most of the time and they want to be the leader of a relationship, so therefore, a man should be the one who initiated the date. I think if you want a girl to ask you out first, you should expect her to wear the pants in your relationship.

• but it would be nice if you do it for once you know xD

• Pretty sure most women will wear the pants anyway.

• Brattany actually women usually have the power in realtionships since they are the ones deciding to reject or accept a guy, and they are the ones deciding to have sex or not.

• I guess some girls are scared that guys won't like it if we take away that manly qualitie. For example, im scared that a guy would find it weird and be intimidated by a girl who would take the lead... I would also be scared of looking despreate

• I ask guys out all the time. Half the dates I've been on have been me asking them, haha. Cause if I like him I'm not just gonna wait around for him to ask me out. It depends on the girl.

• I don't know. I've read that guys don't feel as masculine when girls do.
    What is a girl suppose to say without a guy feeling like she's a creep or too strong?

• it doesn't make us feel less musculine at all if anything i makes us feel special

• @Talldude
      What about a stranger?

• go to him ask him his name it's really that easy that's how i'd like to be approached by a girl @Luna-o3o

• I've asked a guy out before and it didn't go very well, but I'd do it again if I liked a guy and I thought there was a good possibility that he liked me back.

• If I'm interested I'll ask a guy out.
    A lot of other girls do too.

• I've always been afraid that if I asked a guy out, it would be too forward and I would frighten him off. I'm contemplating whether I should ask a guy I like out at the moment, but that fear is holding me off

• now you know how guys feel lol

• I would be thrilled if you asked me out. Just the confidence it took and your ability to do so would inspire the desire to go out. I would also assume that a girl with that amount of confidence would be assertive and experimental sexually making it even a bigger much bigger turn on. That's worst case scenario where I'm assuming I don't even find you physically attractive. Since I doubt that is the case and given another two things in your favor 1) intelligence and 2) an accent that would probably go straight to my scrotum upon hearing it; I have no doubt that I would love going out with you.

Intelligence is critical to a girl's desirability, the most important erogenous zone is what you have between your ears. Followed quickly by what you have between your legs.

• That's reassuring to hear, I second that. Intelligence makes a man a whole lot more desirable in my opinion. I haven't had a chance to ask him out since he's left to go overseas for a few weeks, but I will when he gets back :)

• Fear of rejection and to shy.

• probably socialization when civilization started

• Because it's a gender norm thing but also because I'm scared but I'm shy anyways and I asked out my crush once as a dare and he said "I'm going to have to write that down and sleep on it." Don't know what he meant but I'll never ask a guy out again

What Guys Said 8

• I've been asked out by a woman before. Usually I have to do it though. Some women just don't want to have to take the affirmative step because it feels safer, others think that if they take the first step they look desperate... which is a weird self-perpetuating spiral because women only think it looks desperate because women don't normally do it, which makes those women not do it, which makes other women think if the do it they will look desperate, which makes...

• Its just traditional for the man to take charge and ask the women out and sometimes women fear the rejection and shyness especially when they are in a vulnerable state.

• Probably a combination of socialization and biology, evolution, even though I feel it doesn't have to be one-sided like this

• I know right!!! I'm tired doing all the work!!! Girls, show me some response puhpleaase!

• I have been asked out by women a couple of times before.

static.tvtropes.org/.../raspberry_1325.JPG

• They don't ask guys out because many women are hypocrites. They want equal rights yet want men to make the first move.

• Equal rights and who asks the other out are not related. Oh, guys do the asking out so women shouldn't be able to vote?

• I am just saying when are hypocritical when it comes to equal rights. They only want equal rights when it benefits them

• How is it hypocritical?
      Equal rights has nothing to do with wanting someone to ask you out first.

• Because they can?
    Think about it, no girl has ever asked me out. I have to ask girls out if I don't want to die alone.

• Because guys were dumb enough to accept the role of asking out ages ago. Guys over the ages have let women rule the dating game with a iron fist and women aren't surrendering their reign anytime soon.

• Its also hypocritical to expect someone to do something that they themselves won't do but that notion never dawns on most women.