Why do people tell tall women to "give short guys a chance"?

I find this very insulting and not only do I take exception to being pitied for my height I find it extremely offensive to be settled for.

If tall women are struggling in the dating game then that's their problem, they need to accept that shorter women are more desirable and are seen as more feminine.

Tall women should seek out tall men or celibacy rather than settle for short men and it's not like short men are struggling in the dating game. I see short men with women all the time. So we/they don't need the pity of a tall woman and quite frankly they can fuck off.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never heared that, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

And tall women don't have a hard time dating as there are many MANY men who fantasize about the 'Amazon woman' lol. I have never heared of a model, who is in general taller than the average woman, have a hard time with dating.

You sound so full of hate against women who are taller than you. Dictating for them who they can date and if the can't find in that category they should stay celibate lol. Seriously.. dude.. get a grip of yourself.

• Firstly I never said tall women aren't successful in the dating game and I never said that tall women cannot find men who desire them, please learn how to read. All I said was they are less desirable to men much in the same way short men are less desirable to women than tall men. This is fact not fiction.

Also comparing a super model to average amazon woman is ridiculous and that's like comparing me to Tom Cruise.

I have not hatred towards anybody and that applies to tall women. I have been attracted to tall women and I would date a taller woman if we both liked each other, but I take exception to certain men and women telling tall women to "settle for" a short man. I do not need pity, I attract women and don't need a taller woman or any woman for that matter dating me because they feel sorry for me due to my height.

Now if you don't like the fact that I take offence to being pitied then that's your problem and maybe you should get a grip?

• I'm short and I don't have an obsession with height. I get pissed off with pity shit like "Give a short guy a chance".

• No, tall women are not "less desirable" to men lol. But I respect your opinion; you feel about tall women the way some tall women feel about shorter men. And THAT is what makes us all different and keeps life fun.

What Girls Said 8

• If someone is that shallow that they base a relationship off of height there will be other problems. Frankly as a tall girl I feel a bit offended by your post, Not because of looks or your argument, but because you told me to fuck off. How not to catch a wild girlfriend 101

• Many short guys tend to bring that pity on themselves, honestly. I'm 6'1" and nobody has had a problem with my height except for guys who were shorter than me.

• Oh I know there are short guys who are insecure with their height and there are short guys who feel entitled to a girl. However not all short guys are like this and I take umbrage to people telling tall women to give short guys a chance.

I have no problem with dating a taller woman. I asked a girl out in the summer who is around 6'0. Her height wasn't a problem for me.

• whaaaaa 6'1!!! :o :o x)

• Same. I'm 6'1 as well and the only guys that have a problem with it is short guys.

• I don't think it's quite meant like that. I think they are just saying, that girls generally seem to like guys who are taller than them, whether your a short girl or a tall girl, and that if you happen to be taller than a guy, don't just write him off completely - I don't think they are saying you should only pity date him!

• It can be interpreted as settling and dating out of pity.

Tall women should stick with tall men and there are plenty of tall men who will date tall women.

• If a girl is in an actual relationship with you, I can asssure you, your height isn't a problem for her - she isn't thinking she is settling for you - she is genuinely insterested in you and likes you

• I would hope so and I certainly wouldn't like a woman to feel as though she has to settle for me as such a revelation would hurt me more than any rejection could.

• I'm 5'10" and haven't had a problem dating. Very rarely does ANYONE have a problem dating just because of their height.

Ps. Calm the fuckles down.

• 5'11 here. No one has ever complained with me, nor has my height ever been an issue

• Whoever gave you the idea that tall women are struggling in the dating game is full of shit and you should defriend them ASAP. Furthermore, tall women do not need to stay celibate, and are not less desirable or less feminine. Why do you think the modeling agencies want taller women with long legs and a nice body? Definitely not because theyre less feminine and less desireable. Its just that men have a problem with their huge egos and want to be bigger and better with everything including height. Or maybe you're just insecure about your height. Who knows , that's your problem. In ending this, I would like to point out that tall women do seek out taller men, 7 times out of 10 if a taller woman is with a shorter man it was the guy that initiated that. and with that, i think I'm done here.

• Cool story bro. Thanks for the riveting read.

• You asked for it when you submitted that question. 😏

• I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

• Your arrogance is just so delightful. I imagine you're a real hit with the ladies.

• Seriously though you just sound kind of bitter telling tall girls to stay celibate bc no one wants them?

• I have yet to meet a man of any size who doesn't want long legs wrapped around their waists... until now ;).

• I like tall women so I don't k ow what you're harping on about.

• I'm 5'8/5'9 and guys don't have a problem with my height. There's some guys that like tall women.

What Guys Said 12

• This a question or a rant? And I prefer tall girls actually especially at my height they're hot as hell and easier to see their ass so it depends on the guy I guess.

• well there's nothing wrong with tall women wanting a shorter man if thats what she truly desires. i see your point if she made the choice to "settle" though. but it sounded like you're generalizing all tall women when you say they should seek out other tall men.

• I've dated taller girls than me, I'm 5'10. It didn't bother me or them, it's not like they're a threat to my masculinity. If a guy feels intimidated by a taller woman. then he needs to man up. If a girl thinks a guy is too short for her, then never mind. lol

• Same reason people tell guys to give fat girls a chance. Political correctness. But the difference is, a guy cannot change his height and a girl is cutting herself off permanently from a large portion of the male population.
    Although I agree with you, I wouldn't want to be with someone who felt like they were settling with me. But the truth is, everyone settles in one way or another. Because very likely, you will never find someone that matches every single thing on your list for a perfect mate. So to cut off guys that match 99% of your list because he is exactly 2 inches to short is just plain stupid.
    But girls do it all the time.
    The same goes for guys. They find the girl who's got everything except she's exactly 10 pounds too heavy.
    It sucks and people don't like to admit it, but looks matter. And if guys and girls met the "looks" part on the others checklist they would likely settle on another area in their list.

• i find it hard to believe that short women are more desirable

• Explain why so many tall men date short petite women then? Short women are more desirable in the same way tall men are more desirable than short men. I'm short and even I can accept that if a woman had to choose between someone short like me and a tall guy she'll choose the taller man. It is what is man.

• personally i can't find short petite girls attractive. they look just like kids to me

• Because short guys need love too.

• I know a guy from school who is short (and I mean SHORT) and married a girl significantly taller than him.

• As I have said I haven't got a problem with tall women and I would happily date a woman several inches taller than me if we both got on well and genuinely wanted to be with each other. I don't discriminate but I think it's wrong for people to say "give the short man a chance". I don't want a chance, I am not a charity case if a woman isn't attracted to me, cool, if she is and it's mutual let's get it on.

Also taller women can find tall men if that's what they want. They don't have to settle.

• You sound like a lovely person.

• 5 10 checking in, no above 5 10 and no below 5'0"

• Shorter women are more desirable? Just about every model out there is tall. Clearly, women that are paid to look beautiful aren't desirable or seen as feminine.

Women WANT to be taller. How many of them wear high heels?

Tall women are just as desirable as short women.

You just sound overly bitter.

• Yet it's not short petite women complaining that men don't want them it's taller women who complain rather like how certain short men complain about not being able to get women. Short men and tall women are less desirable than tall men and shot women.

• My Father is tall and mother short. I'm about average. So to the guy saying short guys should be sterilized that doesn't work. Plus my friend is 6'1 his mother is 5'5 and his father 5'6 . His uncles on his mothers side are all over 6'1" . Your logic is totally wrong.

• cuz short guys feel like they have something to offer but no one will give them a chance.

Frankly i think short guys should be sterilized.

• Personally I hope you are rot from a terminal illness.