Any tips for easing the transition from best friends to dating?

My best friend, who happens to be a guy, and I started dating this past weekend. This is his first relationship, but it's not my first. Since he's my best friend and all, I want him to be able to look back on his first relationship and think positively about it. We have been friends since freshmen year and are both juniors in high school. Also, most of my friends are guys that just so happen to be his too. I became friends with all of them through him around the time we became friends. With this in mind, i know that we will be spending time as a couple around our guy friends. He hasn't had his first kiss either, so I know that might not be for a while. I just don't want to mess up what can be a great relationship and I want that transition from best friends to dating to be as unawkward as possible, but am aware it will be a little awkward regardless. Any tips?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just take it easy, have fun, and be yourselves. If you guys are really right for each other, it shouldn't be too awkward. And if it is, just laugh it off and learn to accept the occasional awkwardness. Life is good and fun and amazing so just take it one day at a time and hopefully it'll lead somewhere great.

• Yeah I figured that. It's only been about a week, but I was hoping there might be something I might've not thought of. Since its his first, I just want it to go well for him, especially because we are best friends and you don't always make it out of the friends one (for the record I never out him in it, he just assumed).

What Guys Said 2

• Don't be stupid and don't fuck it up :P

• Physical contact.

What Girls Said 0