I hit my 17 year old girlfriend?

I know this was a huge mistake. She's only 17. One of the biggest mistakes in my life by far. She was at my house and we were watching a movie and started making out. She was being a total tease, taking my clothes off and stuff but when i pulled up her skirt a bit she pushed my hand away and told me i was "using her" and she got really annoyed and started screaming at me. I went to hug her and she totally freaked out on me and like kicked me so i got annoyed and grabbed her wrist. she then tried to kick me in the nuts and I kinda hit her in the stomach to get her to move away. I felt so bad but then she kinda just went in my bedroom and went to sleep? I felt bad but i really don't get her reaction. We've been together for 1 year, and i just don't get it. When she woke up this morning she just kinda made breakfast even for me and went shopping with a friend and gave me a kiss before she left. I don't get it really? It was a mistake. Any advice? Also why is she acting this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• um, firstly, how much older than her are you exactly? secondly, she may have been teasing you because the new sexual experience is exciting. but her child instincts kick in when a guy older than her touches her because even if the age difference IS small, there still IS an age difference. she's not ready for you to touch her, but she wants to try touching you. it's complicated, i know. but humans in general are complicated, male or female. she still cares about you, but maybe she just got a bit freaked out from it. since you DID pull up her skirt. she was probably scared that you might have wanted sex when she wasn't ready. trying to kick you in the balls is an instinctive self-defence reaction for girls. when they feel sexually threatened especially. and after you hit her in the stomach, she'd be even more scared because you are an older male and that makes you much stronger than her and she probably felt weak and vulnerable when you hit her. but clearly, she still likes you enough to make breakfast and give you a kiss on the cheek. if she truly hated you after that, she would have found a way to leave your place the previous night. she wants to try to fix the relationship, but is probably scared that you will not like her or call her immature and choose an older more sexually experienced girl than her. teenage girls are fragile in this way.

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe she feels like you're using her because you're a bit older than her so she's easier to take advantage of. But I'm not sure of your age but I gathered that because you said she's ONLY 17 so yeeeah... Anyways, try talking to her about it, I think you're making it out to be worse than it is. You didn't mean to hurt her and she started it but it seems that she's over it. Try apologising and talking to her because she's obviously paranoid that you're not that into her. Hope I helped.

• I guess you have to date slightly older lol. Seriously she's only 17, what do you expect from a 17 year old. She's is still a teen at heart.. she might look mature but clearly she's not.

You should have just left her alone after she had her freak out episode. Next time you know what not to do. Just ignore her and let her be.

But I feel like you are not telling the complete story. She went from being annoyed to screaming and freaking out. Very odd!

• Ummmm I could have sworn I've read this story a while back. I'm with @JulyAndrews, there is something that's just not adding up. It's very odd for someone to suddenly go screaming out of no where.

Break up. It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

• First, apologize to her and explain you never meant for her to think you were trying to take advantage of her. Then ask her why she reacted like that. Talk it through if you want to keep her.

• you fucking dick child molester

• I think you should break up anyways

What Guys Said 4

• Tough situation. If a girl is hitting you try to get away from her and tell her to stop. Sounds like a real mess. I'd call it quits with her. She has some real problems. In the future, do you best to never hit a girl unless she is chasing you with a knife.

• you know you should have gone for restraint rather than punching her in the stomach right? you both have issues, not just her so i would advise counselling or parting the ways.

• Self defense, bro. You should break up.

• If I had a 17 year old gf her daddy would put a cap in my ass, but at least I would NEVER hit her or hurt her any other way. You disgust me.