If a guy says he's struggling to get over his ex could it be the truth?

We only had a few dates but it spanned me going out of town so lasted approx 2-3 months, hadn't been intimate yet but when he planned to take me away he suddenly back pedaled & said he really liked me but was struggling to get over his ex... Could it actually be the truth?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he is telling the truth. Just be nice to him and help him get over him if possible

• Well, he's taken a work contract for 3/4 months out of town and has said he'll contact me when he gets back as his head should be sorted by then... is it odd he doesn't want to keep in touch in the interim?

• He could just not know what to do and wants to think things over, it could always be the worst case scenario where he does not want to be with you anymore, but I really do not think that is the case. Just give him some time and give him a hint you want to talk with him more, don't just sit and do nothing if you want to get closer to him because then he will probabaly think you are not interested. Just ask him if he wants to keep in touch through the internet or something. Just give him the space he needs while you still stay on his side pushing him forward

What Guys Said 2

• could be the truth. definitely

• Thanks guys for all the input. I did feel we had a good connection & he seemed genuine. Can't help but wonder if there was someone else who crossed over with me & he wants to focus on that & see where that goes & keep me on the back burner just in case... I guess only time will tell...

• Is it truly so shocking to women that men have emotions?

• No of course not but unfortunately you read so many blogs about men using the ex as an excuse to get out of a dating situation. I think it's in the top ten excuses...

What Girls Said 1

• That could totally be the truth and the fact that he was honest is completely commendable. I hate when you date someone and you can tell they are still hung up on their ex but deny it.