Can Friends with Benefits (FWB) become a serious relationship?

I've been "dealing" with my friends with benefits for a little over a year and I know she really likes me but I've maintained our friends with benefits relationship because I have relationship issues but the thought has crossed my mind a few times since she knows me so much now and the sex is pretty good and she has a really cool down to earth personality. Has anyone turned their friends with benefits into a long lasting relationship or am I reaching?

Most Helpful Girl

• friends with benefits can develop into a relationship, it doesn't always though. I do friends with benefits before dating. It can definitely be done.

What Girls Said 5

• it can happen. especially if this girl already likes you, all you have to do is ask her and itll be a relationship. you guys already have the sexual connection and you like each other so you might as well make it official

• hollywood movies say yes to that.

• sorry but nope i ain't into the friends with benefits stuff... don't wanna get hurt

• Communication is really important in these type of things. Girls tend to get attached with sex but sometimes you guys can separate sex and relationship

• Yes it can work! If she's into you and your willing to try that's all a relationship takes. I had a co-worker who married her fwb.

• That's a long time to keep a fwb... Do u have sex with other people too while sleeping with her.

• Well we took a few breaks between while I started dating someone seriously for a little n I have been completely honest with her... And vice versa but yea I have other girls I see time to time but she's very understanding and we've wrked out a situation whenever we need sex without any of the extras

What Guys Said 1

• Here's how it goes. (From a male perspective)

If a guy wants a relationship with his FWB, pretty bad situation for a serious relationship for you.

If a girl wants a relationship with her FWB, good situation--you get to decide if you want one or not.

• That is so wrong!

• @misscocobutter
      Didn't say it wasn't unfair. Just that it's effective and keeps the man at the advantage.