Guys? Opinions on girls making the first move?

Okay, so I really like this guy. He's in one of my classes and we talk a lot. I don't even know if he likes me, and I'm not even sure of whether or not he has a girlfriend, but I was thinking of asking him to hang out at some point. I'm normally pretty shy, but I thought why the hell not, because if I don't do it now I may regret it. If a relationship doesn't work out, I still really want to be friends with him, because he's funny and nice and just fun to be around.

So what are guy's opinions on a girl making the first move? What should I say? And what would you think if a girl that you had just been talking to (as friends, because I'm assuming that he doesn't see me as anything more at the moment) asked you out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Me personally would love it if the girl asked me out, I think that it really put the mind at ease not having to feel like you have to be the one to take the first step.
    As to what you should say, just be normal and ask it directly. Maybe not the first thing you say, but after a short conversation or something

• But what if you didn't like her, like if you viewed her as just a friend? Because that's what I'm afraid of lol

• Thank you!

• No problem, I hope it works out well

What Guys Said 8

• you can just ask him to hangout sometime. guys don't really take it in an awkward way unless he's super shy but he will enjoy the thought.

• Thanks! I might talk to him tomorrow and see how it goes... Thank you!

• Love it. Love it. Love it.
    Because you're walking around having a good day, when this pretty girl walks up to you and hit you up for a date. Now you're having a great day
    : )

• It's not even for pressure reasons. It just feels good to see that girls are attracted to you. That's exactly the feeling girls get when a guy asks them out.

• I like when a girl makes the first move. Takes a load of pressure off the guy. If that happened to me, I'd be pretty caught off guard. It would be a pleasant surprise though.

• I think you should bring it up casually like "hey I'm doing this thing tomorrow, care to join me?" That way he knows you like to have him around. Personally when a girl asks me to come to any kind of event I find it nice and refreshing because it is always the guys who ask.

• You should walk up to him and say "I bet i can't do it with a dick in it."

• I think girls should make the first move. Why should guys get all the pressure

• Honestly it could go either way

• I don't mind it at all. If the girl is smart and intriguing then it is all good with me.

What Girls Said 1

• If you want something, don't sit around and wait for it! Make the first move girl! I'm sure he'd love it!!