Guys, is telling a story and sounding like you have money a turn off?

Okay, I can answer that question easily and say yes it is.
But here is the long version: (P. s. I dont mean to sound like a high society prissy bitch or anything) This guy I've been seeing asked me how my day was and if I was successful getting my car fixed? I have a f sport lexus and there was something about how my brake pads were worn out even though I've had the car for like 4 months. It was a software issue and I was bitching about how they needed 2 days to fix the issue (which seems a little unreasonable, right? Correct me if im wrong) He then called me "Daddy's Little Princess" and gave a little smirk. He could tell I was irked and tried to play it off all cool but I try hard to not seem all ladidida and am actually conscious of how much money I spend.

Sorry for writing an essay, as you can tell im still a little heated about this because HE asked ME about it and I told him what I thought. He does little things like this whenever I so as mention anything upper middle class (he isn't "poor" by any means either). I also once bought a $45 bottle of wine and he went "oh just put it on the amex" as a reference to a joke I was telling earlier about putting on your parents credit card.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he does something like that again, I would advise not doing the whole "play it cool thing" because on his side of things, he just got away with belittling you and that's not cool.

If he can't handle being with a successful girl then it might be time to find a guy who can handle it / treat you like you deserve to be treated.

On the other hand he could have been just bantering in both situations "the brake pad fault and $45 wine".
    He might not even be registering that he is hurting your feelings with what he is saying. You should probably talk to him about it.

I hope this helps =).

What Guys Said 5

• He sounds like a prick. He can't handle that you have access to more money than him, so he belittles your issues. You need to speak up to him about these things and not just let it bother you silently. While I agree with him that some of these problems aren't a big deal, that doesn't mean he needs to be an asshole about it. You weren't complaining and venting about it. He asked and you told him. He needs to remove whatever stick is up his ass

• i don't know about turn off.. but some guys tend to be intimidated if a girl seems to have more money or actually has more money than they do. the usual reaction is to tease them. but the mature thing is to understand these things happen and not let it get to you. it does bruise the ego a little as a guy though.

• If a girl told me she was rich it would automatically turn me off. Nothing personal.. it's just... there is quite a nasty history of the daughters and spouses of wealthy people feeling that they have the right to bend the laws to their whim.

• No one should be ashamed of having money. There is something terribly wrong with a country that demonizes success and breeds jealousy. That said, there is a time, place and way of talking about money with grace.

• I think it's safer to be in a relationship with a girl with money.
    Your bf should respect you and treat you right.

What Girls Said 0