Should I/Shouldn't I?

I started working at this medical facility and I met few people which I clicked with right away. One of these people was a Dr. quite a bit older then I am. He was very flirtatious the whole time i was there- and due to some personal issues, unfortunately I had to leave that job after 2 weeks. The day I left I said good bye to only couple of people i was closer with, but I didn't see him. Later that night he called saying he heard I had left, so we ended up talking just about everything for about 30 minutes. I can say that I am attracted to him and we both pretty much have very similar lives with our kids, our exes etc. Friend I worked with were joking and saying that we should go on a date, all while i was nervously smiling and changing subject. Now that I am out of there, and this is few days later, do I call him and ask if he wants to go out for a drink or something. I HATE the fact that when he was talking -I got extremely nervous and pretty much shot him down. Please guys- help. I would really like to go out with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes go for it. If your not working with him anymore and it goes wrong or he turns u down you won't have to see him the next awkward day at work. He obviously likes u or wouldn't have called so u have nothing to lose. Explain u were nervous but u did like him so have a meal a drink and see how it goes. Good luck

What Guys Said 3

• If you really want to go out with him, just go with it and ask him. If he want to go out with you he'll more than likely say yes to your invitation.

• We ARE older and I can't believe I'm this nervous. I'm just a bit scared that he'd say no because of the age difference and in all honesty, I have NO idea what I would even say over the phone besides humna-humna ump lol.

• Oh stop with "when you get up that age" lmao- just kidding! Well, I've been in a relationship prior to being single again (now) for over 15 years, so dating and flirting are so not my thing right now. I do have the number he called me from the other night, but I don't know if I should call him and no clue what to say. I only knew him for 2 weeks and each time we saw each other was very brief and professional. Ugh.

• In that case it actually sounds more like an temporary romance to me. I don't mean that in a bad way, more as in I don't think someone can really start to like a person from just such a brief amount of time. I guess the only thing you could do is try to find something to talk to him about, like something you have in common.

Also, about the thing with age, I meant it more as in people of an young age is not able to think correctly and by that is not ready to get into an relationship with someone who's 10 or more years older.

• why just you don't ask him out?

• Relationships are difficult. I'm certainly not at your age but I can give this. Considering you have no opinions as of yet. Being nervous gets the better of you sometimes. You just have to say sorry, explain why you shot him down and try make things better, and work your way back in at his pace. If not, this may not be able to be fixed or go to other advice.

What Girls Said 3

• Sure, sweetie, go ahead and give him a call, give him a shot by calling him and asking him if there is a doctor in the house? By this, being you both seem to have this special relationship rapore with one another, I am sure he would be delighted in hearing your voice once more and what's in store when you open his door and ask him if he would Like-----To go out for a drink or something?
    And being he is a bit more mature and a doc to boot, he 'Pretty much' is smart in the head and heart department and will know exactly how to handle a friend who was just down on her luck and is taking things slow being 'Out there.'
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you :) - I've been in a relationship prior to now being singe for too many years that flirting and doing all this all over again is strenuous lol. I never thought it would be this hard.

• I know, I can well imagine, however, this nice rapore that you and him have doesn't have to be a bundle of nerves, but just two friends who are just friends, nothing heavy right now.:)) xx

• What's the worst that could happen? Just ask him out.

• I wouldn't wanna show my face around from embarrassment lol is pretty much the worse.

• Doesn't sound that bad. Lol. Shit happens, and you already don't work with him anymore. Just ask.

• If you want to do it do it! :) there's no other advice I can't give you XD