Is it true that a guy can be interested in multiple girls at once, get to know all of them and narrow down his options of who he would like to date?

Can a guy like several girls at once? And then come to like one of them more than the others, after spending some time with all of them individually over a period of time?

Well this is the only question I've ever asked where the answer is a unanimous and resounding "yes".

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. I've done it several times.
    It's called "Dating". When you narrow it down to that one, you ask if she wants to be your girlfriend="agreed to date exclusively".

• This is what (in my opinion), everyone should do. Just be upfront and honest to everyone about what your intentions are and what you're doing so no one feels slighted.

• Good luck : )

• Thanks heaps :)

What Guys Said 17

• This would be optimal actually because when a guy fixates on one girl he'll talk to her as if she is his "only" chance at love and choke up a lot. But when he has options, he'll more than likely be his more comfortable self since her leaving him would just mean he goes to the next girl.

• Hmm cool, so maybe it's actually beneficial for me because I get to see his real self.

• It could be, but it could also mean he ends up liking the other girl.

• No duh, that's only my main concern

• Yeah we can, and it's called making a rational decision based on observation. You can't really blame us for it, can you?
    We don't commit until we've picked the one...

• It does make sense and it's fine, it's just not how it works for me - I tend to fall for one guy at a time, and fall hard. So I'm just struggling to grasp that the guy I like, likes other girls too...

• exactly XD

• He asked the other girls and I was the one who asked him out... Does that make a difference?

• Yeah, I dont know why I do it, I just do :( I haven't recently to be honest ^.^ But I can't help it if I do, I dont realise until it is pointed out to me.

• Ok thanks :)

• If you tell the girls beforehand, then you are being honest. You'd be surprised how many girls will still date you knowing you're seeing other people. You just have to risk her saying no and she is also free to date other people. If you hide what you're doing, then you're a player/liar. If you're upfront about it you're just confidently dating without having to hide : )

• Thanks for clarifying that, rjroy :)
      That makes me feel much better

• Sure, of course there are guys who can do that. There are even more guys who will date them all at the same time though.

• yeah, what wrong with that.

• Thanks :)
      There isn't anything wrong with it, I was just finding it hard to believe.

• yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Im think this is a know FACT for every guy that is dating multiple side chicks.

• That principal is essentially what men live by

• Totally. I do it all the time.

• Ok thanks :)

• I think you have to look at how he acts with you or around you vs. how he acts with others.

• Good point.

• Have you ever watched the bachelor?

• I hope I get to do this one day. And no doubt a guy can be interested in multiple girls at once and choose one of those girls he is interested in.

• I believe what you described is called process of elimanation.

• Yes. Very much so.

• Why not take advantage of something most guys don't get to do because of lack of looks and money?

• That's what "dating" technically is, the problem is, they get written off as players, by jealous people

• Ok thanks; it's just I've never dated before. I know he's not a player, he's really nice.

• Then again, remember, it could have just been a dark room. Peoples eyes dilate, in dark rooms

• Haha no, we were in the park on a sunny day

• Girls do that too both genders do it

• Ok thanks, I'm getting the impression that I'm just a weirdo because I don't do this

• Well see, that's what I'm trying to figure out: if this guy is leading me on or not.

• Only time will tell. Unless you ask him to be exclusive then you will know straight away

• Yes, it is totally possible. A lot of guys aren't that good with women though. But if there's a guy a lot of women like--he's almost certainly doing it.

There are alternative arrangements too. I like open relationships. I don't compare girls and whittle down to one; why should I have to divide my affection? I let them know about each other, although I don't introduce them or anything like that (I do this upfront--no reason to be dishonest or get anyone hurt). And of course, they're more than free to see other guys too.

• Ok thanks :)
      Yeah, the guy I am seeing told me upfront that he is seeing other girls too. He has also told me about a few of them that he has let go in the few weeks we've been seeing each other, but he is still seeing me and one other girl.

• Haha.

So, to clarify, that means you aren't interested in the guy much, or that you would like to be seeing more than one guy?

If you want to see more than one guy, just make sure you are putting yourself in position to meet more guys and go on more dates (doesn't matter if you know them already or not). You'll find someone else you like too.

I make a point of asking out strangers--in fact, I do that exclusively now. So if you are only trying to date people you know, you should definitely try dating complete strangers. You'll meet a greater variety of people, and you'll have many more options (think about it--how many people do you know versus how many strangers are there?)

• The problem is that I'm hung up on him so much that it hurts me that he is seeing other girls.

What Girls Said 5

• That's what most people call casual dating. Nothing wrong with it as long as all parties included know it's casual, and are informed once it's not. That's what I do, now that I'm older and can be mature about things. It's more simple that way to me anyways.

• Yeah he's being very open and honest about it. Thanks :)

• anyone can do that. i think most people would without it being on purpose, except for the fact its usually rare enough finding one person you like.. let alone several.

• no different then having a lot of guy friends and over time realizing you really like one in particular.

• The guy I'm seeing met me and a couple other girls around the same time, so I guess that makes sense. He already said he's not going to pursue two of them because they're shallow, even though they're pretty.

• not an uncommon combination for either sex lol

• Yes, and not only guys, but girls too.

• Ok thanks.
      It must be an individual thing that I don't do this, rather than a female thing.

• Yeah, each one has its own vantage points

• Yes, that isn't very decisive. Girls do it too.

• what is this the bachelor?