How can I get him to commit?

So I'm currently talking to this guy that is a known player at school... I REALLY like him and I'm like 10000% positive he feels the same about me. I mean he's just not the same player since we started talking and he's stopped playing all these games with a ton of girls, like it's just me now, but he won't commit to a relationship. I don't wanna stay where we are right now, like I want GF status and I keep telling him that, but nothing ever changes. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong... He even broke out THE 4 letter word a few days ago, but still... no commitment. UGH.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, you start by NOT having sex with him, or even doing sexual things, until he makes your relationship official. If you give him sex, or anything close, he "wins" by "getting the milk for free."

But you also need to accept that there's a very good chance that this guy simply won't commit, and will be willing to lose you rather than commit to a relationship. If he's a player, it's even less likely that he'll commit, because he knows he can get all the benefits (that he cares about) without a commitment, even if he has to find other girls to get it from.

While getting a (real, committed) relationship is the #1 priority for most girls, it is a low priority for many guys (they'll do without it if they can get away with it), and for some, they simply have NO interested or desire for a relationship at all. And you can't MAKE someone want something that they don't want.

So, give him a window of time to commit, and if he won't, then cut your ties with him and move on, because chances are, he'd rather lose you than commit, and if that's the case, you are just wasting your time, which could be better spent finding someone who IS interested in a relationship with you.

What Guys Said 5

• (Under 18) I can guarantee this guy will use you for sex. The funny thing is you're going to comment saying he isn't like this and then make another question a week later asking why guys only use girls for sex. Just do us all a favor and stop talking to him.

• Your too young to commit to a serious relationship. Wait until after you finish highschool. When you are in highschool you don't even know who you really are, you are still growing and changing. Then you have all the high school drama and stuff. High school is a mess. Before you start a serious relationship you really have to know who you are first. So stop holding onto his balls and just have fun. You are too young to settle down.

• If he really wanted u he'd agree to commit. Simple as that. The 4 letter word don't mean shit to him. I guarantee u he's said that to other girls. And how can u be sure he's stopped talking to other girls? U can't be with him all day. U can't make him change. He has to want to change. If u try and make him commit, it's only gonna drive him away. He'll go to girls who will believe his bullshit. Trust me. He's got a gameplan if he's a well known player like u say.

• ... ... ... ... lol

• I believe that you are being played

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like your in denial. He's a player, and right now he's playing you.