The reason for this is twofold:
1) Many women think artificially highly of themselves if they get complimented very often, making themselves stuck up.
2) Ending random harassment of women is a step in sexual equality. Men don't put up with this, so women shouldn't either.
What this means is that you should try to refrain from paying physical compliments to girls who've given no indicators of being interested in you.
So no saying "wow you're so pretty" or "I love you" or any of that shit.
And don't put your hopes on online dating, all it does is serve to artificially boost women's self esteem, making it harder to gain their attention IRL.
So you may be asking how you're supposed to meet women. You treat them like men. Get engaged in activities where you can meet females, and after you've gotten to know them, ask if they want to join you for a platonic activity. Do this a couple of times: If they actually like you, they'll reciprocate and start to ask you to spend time with them as well. If they don't, you move on.
This has consistently worked out far better for me than going on dating sites or hookup sites or complimenting women in the hopes that they'd sleep with me.
Following these guidelines should do three things:
1) Promote sexual equality and close the "personal attention" gap between men and women
2) Improve your individual life
3) Improve the attitudes of women as a whole
This is just my opinion, based on a combination of my own experiences and observations. You can follow it, or you can choose not to.
Most Helpful Guy
There's a lot of guys on here that are thirsty and extremely overrate women on here... Its a shame