How did you fall in love the first time?

My freshman year in high school, I was 14. I remember I was really shy, but I decided to join the choir club and that's where I met him. I couldn't even talk to him because he was a senior, and that intimidated me. Long story short, he was my first love/boyfriend. It didn't last long, about 6 months, because he graduated and moved to another state but we're still friends, he's now married and has a child, and I'm so happy for him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had my first love when I was a senior in high school. He was my best friend's cousin and also a senior. He played trombone in the school marching band, and I just couldn't resist his shaggy hair, puppy dog eyes, and sarcastic sense of humor. We became close friends quickly and then he asked me out at our city's annual fireworks show (so romantic). Our relationship was short-lived, but wonderful. We went to prom together, we graduated high school, and then we spent all summer having adventures together. We broke up the week after I left for college. I was heartbroken, but we're still friends now and our relationship is still a fond memory for me.

What Guys Said 6

• Hmmm... I think my first crush was when I was about 11 or 12, still at primary school (or elementary as you probably know it as). There was this pretty girl, her name was Tamara.

• Well I met a girl online through another online friend. First I thought she was a catfish but later knew she was a real girl. We started to talk a lot and got more personal with each other telling everything about us. We had a common like which was league so we played that often with each other while in a Skype call. Things were going great and we started to get really close. Then about 5 months later me and her confessed how much we liked each other. It really surprised me because she looks amazing while I find myself mediocre so it really made me happy that she found me attractive. We then started dating online because she lives in Europe and I live in Canada, but everything was working out fine. We dated for about two months where then I started to fall in love with her but complications rose and we broke up on good terms. I still love her to this day but were now best friends.

Kind of a sad love story but I think everything worked out well enough :).

• **claps hands**

• haha why?

• you were 14, you had NO idea what love was. what happened was an infatuation. I do admire your maturity in being happy to see someone that you once were all about get settled, with someone else. (unless you are pretending to) then I'm not so impressed :)

• the girl i liked for a long time is getting married and I'm not going to deny that it stings a bit even if i am sincerely happy she is getting what she always wanted. it still stings lol

• Falling in love takes a critical balance of good conversation, sexual tension (creating that spark) over and over and over everyday, generally without clouding the relationship with sexual activity since that in itself is a happy drug. If you can spend time together without sexual activity and have a stimulating relationship, Compliment that with making love together when the time is right.

A good recipe for falling in love if the stars are aligned.

• i was 16 and she was 14, she was my cousins friend but it was more like a long distance we became very good friend etc etc and one she was sick and in the hospital, i was so scared and wasn't able to sleep etc so i realized i am in love lol

• Hasn't happened yet.

What Girls Said 3

• My first love was a natural selection. He's not my type. I don't like how he looks. I just felt it the moment we first talked. He didn't become my boyfriend because he's too preoccupied with studies and work. It lasted for a year. We don't talk anymore. He graduated last March.

• I only fell in love once, it was last year and I'm still with him.

• It was when I was about 11 and he was really sweet and nice to me but when he found out that I liked him it was really awkward now he is a mega jerk :( he was in my class so I saw him all the time and I was in love with him... now I hate him.

• It happens, some guys are really jerks but don't worry you'll find someone :)