The Double standards of dating!?

Ok so the people I'm around were being judgmental and my girlfriend started to believe it and broke up with me. They said it was weird that I was dating her and I'm black ( I prefer African American though since my dad was born in Ghana and my mom was born in America). A few weeks later I asked out my long time crush who is Asian ( Japanese to be exact) but I was turned down because she said I was black and her friends and family wouldn't approve and I scare her. Why do people find certain mixes of ethnic backgrounds taboo and other exceptional? Is there something completely wrong with things being a certain way? Can I only be with certain girls in life? What Girls find Black guys most attractive or are we just social pariahs now? And Why can a white guy date a black girl , but not the other way around?

Most Helpful Girl

• My white sister married a black man. She catches a whole bunch of shit from black women. It's not just black people, it's all people with their preconceived notions.

Asian people tend to be more rooted in their culture. It maybe more difficult for someone who is raised in a culture so different than our own to marry outside of it.

As you grow up it does change. People break free of traditional roles and go forth on their own ways and you will have the experience to know if it's racism or truly a cultural, or maybe just a preference.

What Girls Said 4

• People are crazy. That's my answer. There is nothing wrong with dating outside your race. Its happening more and more. The people who don't like are going to just have to get overit.

• Social and racial stereotyping.

• Black men thirst for Asian and white girls too on here
    I'm tired of black men acting like black women are the only girls who want Asian and white people
    This question proves black men on gag so it too!
    Black men talk down on black women but complain on gag when white, Latinas and Asians reject them

• 1 I don't agree with that statement because I for one have never talked down black women and I for one don't care about turned down on gag because I didn't come on here to find a girlfriend or otp i came on here because I need to know answer on stuff that's a little touchy with the people around me.

• I don't agree at all i find Asian girls unattractive and i don't date white girls or latinas

• I was just saying why do people find that mix ok , but my mix a terrible one. Besides I just moved in the last few months. In los Angeles no one cared as much , but now they can't help but look at it weird. I don't care who dates who just as long as I can date who I want to be with.

• Why would you call yourself black if you prefer being called African American? People who care so much about race are foolish. Let it go, and look again. There is someone far better that won't judge you over your race.

• Honestly I said black because some people prefer particular terms or don't know what that certain terms specify. I honestly don't care but I just wanted to be extremely clear what my ethnicity was because not all Africans have black skin.
      See this link: listverse.com/.../

• Kid, why are you so focused on skin color and expecting others not to be the same? Start with yourself before you worry about anyone else.

What Guys Said 5

• This is the sad thing in this world. If you were white, with the same personality, you'd be fine, which I don't understand really. Someone that judges by skin colour is not worth the time. People that mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind.

• It is what it is. There are girls who won't date guys who are shorter than them. There are girls who won't date guys unless they're super built.

there are all kinds of reasons people don't want to date other people because of a physical feature they have no control over. It's just life. I know plenty of white girls who date black guys.

• I only date black girls so i can't help you ):

• People have pushed and pushed this stereotype (gee I wonder what race first pushed this negative stereotype about black people) (about anything and everything black is negative) and now every other race intentionally believes it. The know its not true and there's bad people of all colors, but they CHOOSE to act like its only black. What I've seen as of late is how the media has been pushing black women to date interracial. They never pushed black men to date interracial so I find it funny that they would encourage black women to date interracial but not black men.

• "... because she said I was black and her friends and family wouldn't approve and I scare her."

She might have made up the racial part as an excuse, it could just be that she's scared of you. No one wants to date someone they're scared of.

"And Why can a white guy date a black girl , but not the other way around?" What are you talking about? Plenty of black guys get with white girls.

• I don't think he was say that a black guy can't date a white girl, I believe he was stating that when a black guy does just about everyone looks at him as if he's turning his back on his own race, but when the genders are reversed most people don't really seem to care.. I know from personal experience.

• OK so the girl who was afraid of me is my friend now and she admitted it was because I am ridiculously tall and she said I'm not a menacing looking guy. I don't see how anyone could fear me I'm a teddy bear of a guy. And I'm honestly off this subject now because it's upsetting me now.