Have you dated anyone else from a country different than your own?

Did it work out or not, were family/friends against it because of the distance? What do you guys think? Would you recommend a long distance relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Back in 2011 I dated an absolutely gorgeous girl from the Czech Republic over here for school. I still to this day don't know how I managed to get her lol but it was perfect while she was here. I quickly fell for her and she's only the second girl I've ever loved and can say I'd marry in a heartbeat if she ever comes back. After she left to go back home we lasted another three months. I was in school and the only time she could Skype was in the middle of my day since its a 7 hour time difference and it just got very difficult to sustain it. My family loved her and always tell me I should go over there and marry her and raise goats, because that's all people in the Czech republic do, clearly. Personally I can't do long distance anymore after her. Having to watch her walk down the terminal of the airport was hard as hell to do knowing I'd probably never see her again at least for a long ass time. If you know y'all will see each other periodically then I'd say go for it but it'll definitely be hard.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• It's not a very good idea because it's difficult. I dated an American guy and me being french we argued about so many things because of different culture. Yeah it was interesting to debate but at the end it didn't work even if I thought it could. I needed someone who was there for me when I was anxious or angry or I don't know but I needed him physically. My friends and family thought I was crazy to believe in this relationship and sadly they were right...

• I did and it was hard. But we were happy. The relationship actually ended when we finally moved to the same country and lived together.

• Yes I did but didn't work out cos they was lairs and players, when I break up with someone I cut every contact with him, fro my experience don't play that game it will just break u.

• I'm Polish-Russian and my ex is Mexican, it worked...

• yes and no
    they didn't know
    and NO i do NOT recommend it