Has anyone ever broke up with you over a text??

Ok so my ex broke up with me over a text and I was like so effing mad...Like I just don't understand why some people are such cowards and can't do it in person...

Most Helpful Girl

• i feel your pain/anger. my ex broke up with me via text about two months ago. and he's in grad school! you think someone who made it that far would know better than to act like an adolescent boy but you know that saying about how some boys just never grow up and never learn to be real men? apparently it's a true saying because I now know first hand the kind of jerks that are out there. be strong and move on! the best revenge is to live well, good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• How about through regular postal mail while I was in boot camp? Lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I have broken up with someone by texting them.

In all fairness of my situation, I didn't want to see this guy anymore because of the way he had treated me. Everytime I did see him to initiate the breakup and talk calmly about it, he would threaten he would hurt me if I came close to him and raised his voice.

I guess there could be all kinds of reasons to break up over text messages, not necessarily that people are cowards, sometimes it is necessary, especially if one cannot cope anymore with the situation at hand and had tried other ways to deal with it

If the situation was calmer, controlled and more emotionally stabilised, then I wouldn't have used that method of breaking up and just talked to him face to face.

• i forget if it was AIM mobile or a text message, but I have been broken up with via some sort of brief written message on my cellphone. it was pretty frustrating, especially since he had been at the beach all summer and I hadn't seen him in weeks.

• Not me, but I know someone who has. I also know someone who tried to break up with someone over a quick e-mail saying "... I think we should break up. But I hope we can still be friends. :D". lol she took it pretty hard so don't worry about it, these kind of things happen to millions of people.

• After 8 years together - did it over the phone! To much of a coward and to gutless to do a face to face. They haven't got the balls and they call themselves Men. Get a grip

• Even worse, my ex did it over e-mail. What a loser! Can't deal with me? Geez...