Do most guys prefer an extroverted girl?

Being a bit shy and having social anxiety, I am not the most out there kind of girl and usually take a while to warm up to people. Guys have told me before things like I'm "too nice" or "too quiet" because even though I'm pretty kind to everyone, I tend to not be the loudest or most outgoing and sort of stray away from parties and hanging out with loads of people all at once. Even the one guy I have dated before used to criticize me on not being comfortable around new people and complained about me not being like my other friends, who are the opposite of me and are pretty confident in social situations. I'm not going to change myself for anyone, but I was just wondering what guys in general prefer and if it makes a difference in the long run.

• Extroverted girl
  • Quiet girl
  • Doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys prefer a girl in the middle somewhere. Extremes are always hard to deal with.

Say we have a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being Shy/Quiet and 10 being Wild Party Girl. Most guys will avoid girls who are a 1 or 2, and also girls who are a 9 or 10, but they'll be all over the girls who are 3-8. Sure, some will prefer a 3 or 4, and some will prefer a 7 or 8, but very few want the girls in the outer extremes.

You'll find this is generally true of most things: a lot of people want you to choose from two opposite extremes, but what most people want is some kind of a BALANCE between the two.

What Guys Said 20

• If you haven't already you should read Quiet by Susan Cain, it's really good for introverts (like you and me).
    It's also worth noting that a lot of 'power-couples' tend to consist of one extrovert and one introvert, so it really isn't all that unusual.

• extroverts intimidate the hell out of me. shy people are on the same page as me, so if i could find a girl like that i would be delighted :)

• This is a hard one. I think I feel more special when I can get that quiet girl to open up and feel comfortable with me. Plus normally they have really intelligent and interesting things to say. Now at the same time, the extroverted girl is much easier to talk to and go on a date with cause she normally has something to say about everything, so there isn't the stress of keeping things flowing.

• It depends if the guy is very socially and the girl isn't, then the guy will suffer in the relationship due to lack of social events. If the girl and guy are both quiet, them their relationship would work.

• It really depends on the person. I really dislike the super loud obnoxious girls. I find introverted girls are better at holding intelligent conversation which is something I like.

• I've found most quiet girls to be a lot more interesting.

• yeah extroverted is better because shyness is scary in my opinion

• In theory I prefer extroverted girls, but I find that quiet girls tend to be way more interested in me, so I end up with them by default.

• It depends on what and if we have something in common her. Not on her being introvert/ extravert.

• I'm pretty flexible when it comes to dating girls, so either way is fine. Extrovert? Let's go out and meet each others friends. Introvert? Let's have a quiet night watching a movie together.

• I love an outgoing girl. I'm shy myself and want to learn to be more outgoing myself, and think a woman who's extroverted would be a great partner.

• I don't. Loud people are bothersome

• i don't care what she is like i will not discrimate, disrespect or mistreat her.

• Learn to love yourself and you'll be less shy.

I like the middle ground.

• I prefer an extrovert personally just because I'm generally a quiet person.

• Define "most guys".

• I honestly find quiet girls to be very interesting most of the time.

• Don't like extrovert girls, prefer introvert girls.

• I would rather like shy and quiet girls, they are mostly cute, and I like cute!

• All my friends that are girls are really outgoing and stuff and their kind of slutty so I sort of started straying away from that type of girl cause I don't want my girlfriend to be a sloot so I prefer the shyer more quiet girls compared to the really outgoing type but that's just me.

What Girls Said 1