Ok, one thing I've never understood about asking people out?

So I've never asked anyone out myself before, but I've been asked out before. These have been by guys I've talked to a few times. What I don't get is how a guy could (for example) have a "crush" on a girl in one of his classes that he's never talked to before, and decide to ask her out, even though he's never talked to her before.

Please no hate, but I guess I just don't understand how you can just ask someone out you've never interacted with before. If you've spoken a few times, I can see that, but I've heard people say "omg that guy/girl in my class is so cute, I wanna ask them out". And I'll ask if they've ever spoken before, and they say no. Like, I get that there's a physical attraction and you want to find out more about them, but shouldn't you talk to them a couple times first? See what they're all about before the pressure of a date?

Plus, wouldn't the chances of rejection be lower if you already know them first? The person you're asking out would only have your looks to go on if they has never spoken to you before. If you had let your personality "shine through" in conversation earlier, than to me you have a better chance...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes people see that as the best way to avoid the "friend zone."

• Oh, I see. I'd rather start out as friends, so I guess that's why it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

• Yeah, I would too, but some people like to have their romantic relationships only be romantic...

What Guys Said 2

• YES

Finally someone who agrees with me! Finally! Thank you. Lol

• Haha really? I felt crazy, I thought I was alone in this.

• I just don't get why people would do it, the chances of the relationship going sour because one of you found out you don't like the other are way higher than the chances of a friendzone, as far as I can tell.

And I'd rather be friendzoned than rejected and avoided like an ex anyways. That would hurt more.

• My thoughts exactly! If you want to get to know someone better, don't start dating! Start hanging out any getting to know each other! Chances are if you date too soon, you will find something you don't like. I know way too many people who "dated" for a week and I feel like shaking their shoulders and yelling this advice at them!

• Yes, friend zone fear.
    Sometimes it's hard to set a romantic tone in school lol
    But still you should talk first

What Girls Said 0