Exclusivity talk: Guy or Girl?

I've been dating this guy for a little over a month now. We go on dates almost every weekend--things like picnics, concerts, or visiting bookstores. He has told people we are "dating." It is obvious that we have "a thing." It's just that I would like him to officially ask me to be his girlfriend. He told one of our mutual friends that he was going to a week and half ago, but our schedules ended up getting moved around and it didn't happen. I'm his first romantic interest ever and I feel like he might be assuming we are together at this point. Should I just wait and see if he does end up asking or ask what we are myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask him yourself, there is nothing wrong with a girl in a relationship asking what 'it' is or asking for it to be offical. It's better to get everything cleared up now then have issues or awkwardness later on, it also kinda establishes boundrys and how you guys are going to work so I don't see anything wrong with wondering because most likely he's doing the same. Esepecially since it's his first relationship, being the one to ask to label a relationship is pretty nerve wracking and it's understandable that he's taking a bit longer to sort it out. Good luck xxx

What Guys Said 3

• If you want to be officially "boyfriend/girlfriend," why don't you start referring towards him as your "boyfriend." I'm sure he'll pick up on it, and start referring to you as his "girlfriend." He probably already looks at you this way anyways.

• I would ask what you two are

• ffs, just talk to him about it. It ain't the damned 50s. Girls can grow a pair and take the lead also.

What Girls Said 1

• Well for me 1 month is to soon to ask or to tell. Keep it cool.