Could two very different people be together in a relationship that lasts?

Like if two people were very different (interests, hobby's, sports etc.) could they still have a relationship that satisfies?

What do you think

0|0
6|2

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom was white. Dad was black.
    Mom catholic. Dad Muslim.
    Mom some hippy protestor. Dad religious.
    Mom into rock n roll. Dad into books.
    Mom into art. Dad into academics.

Point is, my parents were just total opposites. They were married over 40 years, so it definitely happens. Just as long as both people adjust to each other, spend time on each others things and accept each others things.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. As long as you have a deep interest in each others differences. Two different people can balance each others weaknesses and strengths out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, things like hobby's and interests aren't that important :) But I think it's pretty important to have the same moral foundation

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, my mom and stepdad are like complete opposites in their interests and personality and they're still going strong :p they do clash a lot though I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you both love each other then it's simple. Love will always find a way.

1|0
    0|0
  • i believe so yes

like two halves coming together to form a whole lol

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• yes. as long as they have chemistry (physical and emotional), similar values, goals and probably personalities. They'd also have to be able to enjoy doing certain things (not necessarily sex) with each other.

but different hobbies and interests can actually be good in a relationship so that each person has individual things they can pursue independently

0|0
    0|0
  • its possible, whats the saying? opposites attract?

0|0
    0|0
    • True, but my ex broke up with me.. she said she had fallen out of love because we were just so different and she thought she should be with someone that is more like her (even though we always had fun together).

• well it doesn't work for everyone. both opposites have to be willing.