Good or bad idea? Don't want to come off as a creep?

I've tried different ways to set up a date with this girl that I have known for awhile but she hasn't responded. I was thinking about popping up at her work since its a restaurant to arrange things.. Good or bad idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm going to go on the assumption that you know this girl well enough. Now, if I understand you correctly, this topic has come up before and she hasn't responded, which isn't a great sign. Showing up at her work might make her feel cornered and pressured to give you an answer, and if it's a bad one, potentially mess up her day because she feels bad she had to let you down in a social setting. Don't fret though, because that might not be the case. If I were you I would just approach her in a casual situation (via text if you must) and just come right out and say what you feel. Don't beat around the bush or act sheepish, just be forward (not forceful). Simply say you like her and would love to take her out. If she doesn't respond, it's not impolite to just ask her for an answer so you know whether or not to move on.

• Yeah she usually responds I just figured since its not a fancy restaurant or anything I would pop up.. Hooked up over summer and it well for the first couple weeks after that we just kept in touch since we both were always busy

• I would still say it's safer to keep the workplace separate from the dating circle. If work is the only meeting place you have, and you have the resources to do so, offer to drive her to or from work one night you have off, and pop the question then casually.

What Girls Said 3

• I think its a bad idea. Its a little hard to just run into someone who works at a restaurant unless they're the bartender or host. Also, she hasn't responded yet which might be an indication of her answer.

• Probably a bad idea to show up at her work. Then again, since you've known her a while, she might not judge you as a creep. This is kind of a sappy romantic comedy type thing but maybe bring her a flower or flowers with a note asking her out for the date. Or leave it on her doorstep. Cute things I've seen in movies may or may not work..

• If she hasn't responded she is not interested, move on, plenty more people out there

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like a bad idea. Usually you should have gotten an response after the first couple attempts if she is interested. She probably isn't.

• What have you done so far?

• Hooked up over summer and kept in touch since.. I live 2 hrs away and after the hook up we just had busy lives so we kinda just kept in touch like small talk etc

• I would not go by her work if you've tried calling or texting and not gotten a response. If this would be the first time you're asking her out, I think going by work is ok if you know you won't run into her otherwise.

• Showing up at random when someone is going to be busy trying to work is NOT a good idea.