Crushing on my guy best friend? (Long question)?

He's not gay its just I've developed strong feelings for him.
He's quite obese. Probably the biggest in our school and no girls like him. We're both part of the outcast group in school.
He's always there for me and I feel safe and protected around him.
I find him attractive and we have so much in common but like he always says he's not into me that way, I never confronted him about it and I'm scared of rejection.
Is it possible that he might be too insecure to say he likes me? Or does he just not?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he told you straight out, "I'm not into you," then you have to take him at his word. Then again, he might be deflecting because he doesn't want to get involved with anyone right now. When I was fat I felt a great deal of shame over how I looked. I really wouldn't have been comfortable letting a girl touch me or see me naked. Either way, though, I think you're going to have to move on from him. He's just not ready for what you want.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah both are possible. I know as much as anyone how bad rejection sucks but wondering and not knowing sucks more talk to him

• If he told you outright, then he's not interested.

Sorry, but you hit a dead end there.

What Girls Said 1

• If he's told you outright without being pushed, I would say it's safe to assume he isn't interested. If he has given you reason to believe otherwise, and he is truly a good friend, just put it out there that you do like him and you want to know if he truly does or doesn't like you and give your reasoning. The only way you'll ever really know is if you're open and honest. Since he's your best friend, he'll appreciate and respect your honesty regardless of what his answer is.