Why are some guys such awful texters?

I often perceive lack of texting as a sign that he is not interested. I am seeing a guy since 3 weeks and he just sends a 'good morning beautiful' message on on most days and doesn't even follow through. If i send a reply like hows your day / how are you etc he would reply in the evening or night even after seeing my message.

When we meet he seems very interested and he's the one initiating all the dates so why can't he just text like a normal person? Its really annoying when it shows that 'he has read your message' and then he replies after 6 hours. He works all day long but it takes a few seconds to reply.

Most Helpful Guy

• We're not that crazily attached to our phones like it's our pleasure wand. A conversation in person is always better than a conversation through the phone.

In fact that guy IS actually texting like a normal person.

What Guys Said 11

• LMAO I wish I had this problem I am the opposite. I text way to much. in my opinion text takes maybe 20 secs at most if its long and I rewrite it once. So its no big deal and I love to talk to people. But man I had an ex who hated texting. She was terrible at reading context. We actually had a rule where we couldnt talk about serious issues in a text message or if something serious came up we said "talk about it late" we would both instantly drop it. But man I text like a 14 year old girl and its sad. I always look at it like this, I will text you when ever I have a minute and think about it but if you dont reply its really no big deal. That is the beauty of a text you never have to reply till you are ready.

• Haha I wish there were more guys like you who could understand the problem of a chronic texter.

• Because a normal adult person doesn't walk arround with his nose into the phone. The adult one is him.
    Sorry, but it's true...

• Yes indeed, he treats her well and enthusiastically so in real life; and yet, because she doesn't get the validation she desires every 5 minutes from him, he's at fault.

• But texting is also a way to keep in touch and let the person you're thinking of them. I can be busy at work but I still get time every couple of hours to check my phone and reply to my friends. Unless you're working with heavy machinery or something I don't understand how you can just ignore someone's text till the end of the day.

• TEXTING is used as a substitute for meeting face to face to talk. Sure, it shows you care, but have you EVER asked yourself why people never visit eachother anymore? Why people feel more lonely? Why Facebook makes you depressed and lonely?
      I can answer that. Because you're not seeing a person, you're seeing words. You're missing out the two other elements of a conversation. You have the direct implications of the words, but you miss the body language, and the tone of voice. You don't have the person there.
      The fact you can't ignore texts for so long tells me one thing; you might have an unhealthy and possibly obsessive relation to your phone. Have you tried turning it of for 24 hours? How does it make you feel?

and come on, wouldn't you rather meet him face to face when telling him something, and get to actually SEE his reaction instead of just a generic smiley or maybe a still "selfie"?

• A lot of guys (and girls) are just not very verbally inclined. The guys who are better with words tend to be the better texters. For me, texting is the greatest flirting tool ever invented. I love it because I express myself better in writing than I do when speaking.

• Some people are just like that with texting, it's weird. That happens with me sometimes too. I forget to reply to things and hours and hours go by.

• Why are some girls such horrible texters? I swear, you type a whole paragraph at them, and they text back like, "k :))"

• I can't believe anyone could do that. Would definitely annoy me.

• And don't forget about the 1 word replies:

Guy: HEY :)! How's your day going?

Girl: Good.

Guy: Awesome! Did you do anything exciting?

Girl: No.

Guy: Then... what did you do today?

Girl: Gym

Guy: Are you doing alright?

Girl: Yes

Guy: Okay... Guess I'll talk to you later.

Girl: K

Seriously... this literally happened to me last week, so I deleted her from my phone and never heard from her again XD.

• When women reply with one word, it just tells me they aren't interested at all.

• Some guys aren't glued to their phones 24/7

• Ya may be not 24*7 but I guess most normal people check their phones at least once in every couple of hours or so. Not just once in the morning and once at night. So if you're checking your phone why can't you send a message!

• Some people are very busy and don't want to start a conversation they can't finish.

• Because texting sucks. If you want a conversation, call me. I only text to give quick travel updates or to confirm a date. Other than that, expect any/all texts to remain unanswered.

• I don't text so I don't know lol.

• It's just texting lol. There's no right way to do it

• Might he busy working or in class?

• LOL! Damn... I wish women would text me. Women only text me when they want something. If I ask them about their day, how they are, if they want to go out, I often get ignored... then I delete their number from my phone and never hear from them again.

• Just recently, I met this girl and I spoke to her on text. We were texting back and forth and things were great. I was pretty sure she was into me. We went on a date and everything was right. Conversation was good. Vibe was good. And we both liked each other. As soon as I reached in to hold her hand, she ended the date and told me that she would text me later. She is still active on social media, but won't reply to my texts or text me at all, so I got rid of her XD.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't bother texting during the day for a while, only in evenings, see how long it takes him to text you back, if he still takes hours to text you back, then it would appear he can't be arsed

• So many guys do this to me omg

• I know its so annoying and they don't even get it!

• Exactly! And its super stressful because how are you going to talk to them or make plans with them if they aren't going to answer their phones!

• He's an inconsiderate jerk.. Drop him

• I'm just hoping he becomes a better texter with time...

• Just drop him things will only get worst..