He Texted me after 2 minutes askin "are you there"?

This marine I'm talking to, these past few days he is starting to get even more clingy.
We've been talking for over 2 weeks & he would ask clingy things like "where are you going"
But yesterday I didn't get his text & he sent 5 within a hour & half saying stuff like "hello" "why are you ignoring me" etc.
This morning we were texting & he sent a emoji & then 2 minutes later said "are you there?" But I was sewing something.
Why is he all of a sudden becoming more clingy? I don't mind, it makes me feel wanted I suppose, but why did he just start doing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off do not panic, everyone is different for him its possible he is just chatty and curious and is really starting to like you so he wants to talk even more. There is only one thing to do and I know this will be a shock TALK TO HIM tell him how you feel and just explain that you do not text that much and so that you are not always going to reply. Than again he might just be the controlling type so after you talk and reach an agreement if he keeps acting way to clingy make the call on if to end it.

• This is from my person experience. I just find texting really quick and simple and have been told I can come off clingy. In reality I could give 4 toots less MOST of the time not all if or when they reply. I get worse if I like them. In my head though texting is no big deal so I never stop and think how much im texting or what im texting. I just do it as casual conversation.

• Hmmmmm, I see what you mean!

What Guys Said 8

• The determining factor here, is whether or not he has been in combat or at least in forward area. If he hasn't told you, don't ask, just give me your best guess; this will greatly affect what his behavior means below the surface. Or ask his friends/etc., that'll help me help you out.

• From my experience, many military guys are used to a fast paced setting day in and day out. So when someone is not fast in responding (mainly people who aren't in the military) or getting back it throws them off like wth is going on what's the delay? Just bare with him and let him know that your not that quick to respond.

• holy shit hahaa

• Because he likes you or he's one of those controlling types

• Because he's becoming more attracted to you.

• He sounds like a lot of work Lol

• He sounds EXTREMELY obsessive and possessive. Clingy isn't strong enough of a word to descrive his behavior. This should be a dark red flag to you.

If I were you, I'd run. Seriously, a relationship with him will be a constant hassle, trust me.

• *describe

• Ok... or like a lot of other people said, he's used to dealing with a very fast-paced no bullsh*t environment every day. I'm sure he's a reasonable person. If you like him, have a conversation and calmly explain that sometimes you multitask and can't answer his messages right away. That's a better idea than just dropping him at the first sign of clinginess that may or may not be warranted.

• You have to remember, guys in the military, are around men all the time. It's annoying. So, any female contact they get, is like, heaven to them (I'm assuming he's straight) and just wants to keep it going, ya know?
    I would never join the military. I don't believe in violence, or what we're doing overseas

• I don't agree with violence, but I understand why we have the military & I support them! You can't settle things like with ISIS through talking. But that is a totally different topic lol.

• I just don't agree with how we're handling it

What Girls Said 5

• So, you haven't even been talking a month, and he's already like this, can we say alarm bells.

• He probably really likes you... I don't do clingy... Pushes me away

• deperate!!! this happened to the other day... beware the clingy guy

• He probably likes you. But that kinda behavior over text for me is a big turn away! Like nope!! Sound clingy to me

• Maybe he suddenly realised how much he actual wants you... It's really cute!