When a guy just says you're just friends?

so I've been talking to this guy for 1.5 weeks now, we''ve hung out once and im going to hang out with him again tonight as well as he is going to a bonfire with me tomorrow. The thing is, he told this older lady that we were just friends. But honestly, he drops everything at the drop of a hat for me, even went out of his way, when I couldn't leave my job, and brought me my favorite starbucks drink. We text non stop and yada yada yada... I've just never had a friendship like this, but he swears that's what it is, and tells people that... I just don't understand

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and my friend Jennifer are like that. We have cleared the details on what's appropriate and what's not. Don't push the envelope on certain subjects. I don't text her like crazy. She's met my friends and I've met hers. I've cooked her dinner before and she's cooked for me. I've met her parents and well mine scare her so that's a no. If there's something you need to say just say it. If you guys are friends, then I'm sure he'd be honest and upfront about the way your guy's friendship is. We've been friends for about almost 8yrs now. We can literally talk about anything and not be uncomfortable, but a good pretense is a nice way to ease into a intimate subject. Talk it out with him.

What Guys Said 6

• usually there is one of three explanations to this sort of thing:
    1) you are unattractive (if that is you in the picture, this is NOT the case)
    2) he is in a relationship and wants to bone you, but can't initiate under any circumstances
    3) he's gay but "bi-curious" or otherwise just very shy.

• He's probably likes you, but he's afraid of admitting it at the wrong time.

I mean how awkward would it be if he had said to the old lady 'yes, I'm very attracted to her' before he told you that? I would never do that myself.

So he might like you, but it's also possible that he just sees you as a really really really good friend. I would talk to him about it, it might be awkward but at least then you'll know. And who knows, maybe he will like you! It could end very well.

• OMG i had this problem i had a best female friend, hangout together, go to the movies, chill at cool place, make each other laugh, i was there for her whenever she needed me but never really was attracted to her but she dammm cute, i thought of her like a sister but she somehow told me that she liked me a lot and see me as "her" man. But i unfortunately i told her " i'm sorry but were just friends and will always be". it was really awkward from then onwards.

• Oh that must be painful for her knowing that. Well we can't force feelings because you treat her like your sister

• I am in the same position as him... poor guy... my friends mock me when I text the girl I like so I had to lie and tell them that we're just friends even though I would like to be with her, but that may be because she can't get past her ex and she seems too good for me... also I am very nice to her so it might seem better to just stay friends... just tell him how you feel or at least try and find out if he likes another girl, if not go for it:)

• He's afraid to admit something more.

• He is a serial cheater and is playing many or two girls.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's a really really good friend :) or perhaps he's waiting on your approval to be known as just more than friends.