My mum doesn't like him?

Me and my ex broke up a year ago because we were struggling with distance (no other reason).

Being separate after that set is back but we have been working for the last year (not distance) to build a strong friendship and base of a relationship before we officially date again.

I have now gone overseas for 3 months, I have been away a few weeks & it's still going strong! I hope that of we can get through this period then when I get back we can become official.

Minor setback: my mum does not like him. She's never met him. I recently uncovered that she thought he cheated the first time (he didn't). I set her straight but still she's currently set in her thoughts. He values family and has previously brought this up as an issue.

I love him & she might never like him but I want to overcome this being such a huge barrier on his part & her part?

Most Helpful Guy

• What the hell is with all these 18+'s letting their families decide who they date?

• Believe it or not, some people love their family, and they don't want to estrange their family over someone they date...

It might be easy for some people to say 'they'll get over it, they can deal with it' but other people have a lot of respect for their parents/family and don't want to disappoint them.

What Guys Said 4

• Well it's understandable that your mom might not like him, if she's never met him. It might be a problem until you bring him home a good number of times. Plus, parents tend to not trust people you date in long distance relationships, especially if you met over the internet (idk if you did or not).

• The girlfriends mother or mother in law if it gets to that stage never likes the guy. If she does then something is wrong.

• If your mom has legitimate reasons for dissliking him then you need to consider if she is actually right. And also remember that guy/girlfriends come and go but you only have one mom!

• Have him meet your mom. Cook dinner

What Girls Said 0