My girlfriend told me "You're such a great guy, I'm glad I got to show you off to my sister", why did she say this? Does she just think i'm a trophy?

What does she mean, why did she say it?

Literally all we did was meetup and go for a few drinks

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not a bad thing!! That just means that she's excited to have you around and thinks that you're attractive and that she's proud to be your gf.

What Girls Said 5

• She's proud of her but has some "sibling rivalry" going on with her sister, she wants to have everything better then her sister to be better, mean, but it's normal lol, I show off my husband to my sister

• no way, she thinks you're awesome!

• That's she's proud of you and wants to show you off to her family

• You are actually thinking you are now! Lol..
    It's a good thing.
    Stay humble.

• I'm actually just worried she doesn't like me for me as much as she likes me for something to show off to her pals

• Why worry? Your question denotes an overflowing confidence, actually.
      Be sad when it's the other way around.

Or are you worried that you are not in the same page? You feel for her? Have you told her?

• She's proud of you, be happy.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like jerk. If you just started dating it should more along the lines of: im so happy to be with you.

• We're not dating, she's my girlfriend

• You can use those terms synonymously, but even i I used the wrong word my point is still the same.