A guy kissed me..and it wasn't my boyfriend

i have a boyfriend and I was at a giants game with my best guy friend and his friends and we all got drunk and one of his friends leaned in and kissed me I didn't kiss him back but I finally wrote my boyfriend about it after almost a month some friends say don't tell him because its just gonna cause a pointless fight but I feel like honesty is always the best policy. what would you think if your significant other told you some thing like this that had happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• id be upset about it yes. but then again it was outta your control. if you were leading him on to kiss you or something that's one thing. but if he just kissed you outta nowhere then id go have a talk with that friend and be like wtf but I wouldn't be mad at you.

but one thing I would be upset about is you taking a month to tell me. the waiting a month would hurt me to a point and make me feel like your hiding other stuff or afraid that you can't talk to me. honesty is the best policy but also remember time has a big factor in it too. its better to tell right after it happened then wait a month.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd get over it pretty quick I think. It's just a kiss. If I like you then I expect other guys to as well. If they do it in front of me I'm more likely to get really peeved.

• That said I'd welcome the opportunity to confront my own jealousy though.

What Girls Said 3

• Yea ur right honesty is always the right way to go...if my boyfriend was to tell me that another girl kissed him I would feel a little upset about the situation but as long as he didn't kiss her back and we have a trusting relationship it wouldn't affect us...Hope this helps!

• well, if my boyfriend told me that I would be shocked and kinda untrustworthy but at the same time I would believe him because he's not the type of guy to ever kiss another girl or intentionally cheat on me. He might find it a little harder to trust you but I mean you guys were drinking so I'm sure he knows how drunk guys are. Not that that's an excuse but still.

• Drunk isn't an excuse fyi.

Honesty is best.Think about it,this doesn't give him a reason to not trust you.Why?Because if you keep it a secret,he would think you had something deeper to hide and something worse.whereas if you tell him,he will be upset about it,but if you let him soak it in and breath a little,then you can talk it out

You're right,don't listen to your friends,plus,it seems as though guilt is eating you away already,just let it out and get it over with