Why won't he officially make me his girlfriend?

We've been talking for over 2 weeks. He likes me (tells me all the time). He is in the military. He tells me he wants to be with me. He's the type to send like 5 texts if I haven't replied, I suppose you could call him clingy.

He's called me sketchy b/c I haven't made it official with him & that we act like we are together. Now that I said I would, he won't ASK. He is the one that's all "we might as well be." & earlier I said "maybe when I'm your girlfriend" & he said "you are my girlfriend" & I said since when & he said like a week ago (when we had the conversation about me being sketchy & all) but since then I've said multiple times we need to be official & he never said that I was his girlfriend till now. BUT today (after he said I was his girlfriend) I said I want him to actually ask for me to be his girlfriend, b/c you can't just claim It like that, you know? then it just turned into an argument. WHY won't HE JUST ASK? It's not hard. It's making me frustrated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he is one of thoes guys that are afriad to be all soft and lovey dovey. He thinks he has to have some pride and prove that he is manly

My fiance gets all soft on me every now and then and super lovey dovey and all googly eyed with me and he will say the sweetest things and then he will catch him self and try to straighten himself up, poke his chest out and clear his throat and say "Im a man!" lol its so hilarious and adorbale to me.

He just comes from a family where the guys think that being emotional or soft or lovey dovey or something is a sign of weakness and that it makes you less manly. Like his dad will go do the sweetest stuff for his mom but he still tries to act like a macho man and like he is all bad and tough.

Sinse your guy is in the mililtary than I am pretty sure that his military buddies have some kind of influence on him about what it is to be manly. It could be that your guy is really trying hard to be as sweet as he can be to you but you are trying to push him to be something that he is just not comfortable or familiar with.

Why dont you just say to him "well i guess you are officially my boyfriend now" and then see how he reacts. Im sure he would like it if you said it first sinse many guys (The ones with the macho manly man attitudes) think that girls should be responsible for starting the lovey dovey stuff.

What Guys Said 3

• He is in the military and he does not want to lie to you, but there are possably a few girls who want the same.

• I'm not worried about that really. He texts me back to back to back, & if I don't respond after 2 minutes he'll be like, you there? I dont doubt that he likes me, which usually I'm the one who never thinks someone likes me.

• Just try to start the conv. about relationship n b flirty or romantic during it like tell him I wish I had a bf to say me gd mrng beautiful every morning he ll ask fr sure :) ;)

• Have y'all even kissed or anything

What Girls Said 1

• He shouldn't be doing that at all. Sudden volta face is not a good thing, unless he's having some fun pulling ur leg. I think either you should accept him as he is, or tell him u need "space" since nothing is happening between you two, and that you need "time to think."