How can I not have a nervous/awkward conversation with my date?

So I asked a guy to my sorority formal (kind of know him) He was really happy and said he'd love to and he used exclamation marks in his texts and it made me feel really confident. He would say things like "We will easily be the best looking ones there!" or "I'm so pumped!" really a lot of exclamations! But when I would see him on campus and talk I felt like I had no conversation skills and wouldn't know what to talk about. But when I would text him the next day, he would go back to the exclamations as if my "awkwardness" didn't matter... So later he asked if I wanted to go tie shopping with him. So we didn't have a lot in common so it was hard to have a conversation and find something to go off from it. But I think he still enjoyed himself... I just want an awesome conversation where he will really like me and see past my shy and nervous self around him. I don't know if he likes me or not bc guys don't really put a lot of excitement in texts or ask to go tie shopping... but how can I have a good conversation without the feeling that I'm boring

Most Helpful Guy

• You only need to have is confidence and talk to people show them your best personality. Think of something funny and get them to laugh laughing usually make people relax and always think before you speak so you don't mess up. Smile and get them to know you.

What Guys Said 4

• First off you're beautiful so I'm sure he is nervous as well. Ask about his family, his dreams and aspirations what is he passionate about

• Forget talking, he be mesmerized just looking at your gorgeous face!

• Don't be so concerned with having an awesome conversation. Ask him questions about himself.

• Who cares, bet he's just some dumb white douchebag. Don't talk, it's not fun when your toy talks back to you.

What Girls Said 2

• If you dont know what to talk about, maybe talk about something that is surrounding you and maybe put in a few jokes, get some laughter in your convo so that both of yous relax? also try to feel and look confident so that you dont seem like you dont know what you're doing :))

• To me it sounds like he is interested and the fact he invited you to go tie shopping seems like he wants to get to know you more. The problem I see here is that your shyness is causing you to over think what your going to say etc. You need to just stay calm and what helps me is even tho you like him try to act like he's just a friend. When you do that it makes it easier to open up a convo. There are so many ways to open up a convo.. you can ask about his fam, school, from school go to what he wld like to major in.. my guy likes me because i can have a sense of humor so every now and than try to make him laugh.. key is dnt overthink things. . the more confident you are the easier it will be for both of you'll