3 months - Should I be more infatuated with my bf by now?

I'm 29, and dating this guy for almost 3 months now. We were introduced by a mutual friend. I thought he was tall, handsome, ambitious and very hard working. Plus, he's easy to be around. These are all his amazing qualities that made me start dating him. But my feelings are getting complicated. I don't like him more with each date. I like his company enough. But I don't find him that funny or engaging in conversations. And sometimes, he can be slightly unrefined with his words. He is hilarious over text however.

He's getting a little upset because he feels like things are getting a little one sided now, where he's liking me more every date, but I'm not. I can't imagine breaking up and never seeing him again. I would miss him too much. The idea of hurting him breaks my heart. And he has so many great qualities, that I don't know if breaking up is the wrong decision. Has anyone felt this way with someone? Do you keep giving them a chance? Or think it will never work out? :(:(

Most Helpful Guy

• "I thought he was tall, handsome, ambitious and very hard working". Those are prereqs for a lot of women, gotta be tall, dark, handsome and well paid then he's a viable option so to speak. You need those things because if a guy is in his mid to late 20s and hasn't got his shit together then he's a loser. But you have to look beyond the basics, at the person in all their complicated glory. You gotta find a balance.

• This original answer. I'd like to add, if you don't like the "little things" now, they're probably not going to grow on you.

• Indeed. It's more than likely those little things will end up being habits of his that, although small, make you wanna kill the foo!

What Guys Said 1

• I personally think you should figure out what you want, and go for that. It is your time and energy you're investing.

His heart is his problem, not yours.

What Girls Said 2

• Been there done that. He was a good guy but my heart was never fully in it. I eventually broke up with him when I knew he was thinking marriage. It was the only right thing to do..

• Love is not about liking a person. Rather, its more about loving what they love, things/ideas associated with them. Feeling attracted isn't a definitive indication of love either. So, its for u to decide.