Calling your girlfriend "my beauty"? What would you think if you're boyfriend called you this girls?

As above really, what would you think if your boyfriend said this to you and how would you feel?

*your

Most Helpful Girl

• i would be very much flattered.
    and then i'd die.
    :x

What Girls Said 22

• Hmm I would think he's going a little over-the-top unless he GENUINELY meant it. Sometimes in life you learn that some people will just say ANYTHING to get into your pants or to make you believe something -- so I'd be a little untrusting because I'm not used to that type of flattery :\ I'd rather just wait and see if he's a guy he claims to be.

• ... but if you trusted him and believed he meant it?

• He's either a poetic guy or he's feeding lines... or he's just a guy who thinks you'd be happy hearing that sort of thing or he genuinely means it.. I've heard guys say weird stuff like that but I don't fall for it because.. actions speak louder than words.. It's gotta be backed up by actions for me.. If he backs it up with actions and is sincere then you have a good guy on yoru hands.. If he's all words but later falls out on you... then he was just a typical guy lol trying to give you what you wanna hear

• I like to know that my fiance values and appreciates other things about me. I like to know that he loves me for who i am and not for my looks becasue i want somone who is going to love me forever even when I get old and my looks fade. My fiance has never called me "my beauty" however he does tell me that i am beautiful as well as calling me "my sweetheart", "my darling", "my baby', "my best friend".

• I'd think it's pretty sweet

• It's cute but not logical. Beautiful would not be a word I'd use to describe myself. He calls me My Darling though and that is okay lol

• I think that would be adorable. I wish my boyfriend would do that

• Beyond adorable and beautiful! :D

• Only if it's said on rare occasions I would find it sweet. Not every now and then.

• cute, would like it.

• He would be the sweetest peach cobbler (*˘︶˘*)

• Eh, kinda cheesy and a bit over the top

• I'd find it creepy and overly possessive.

• well by that kind of logic any variety of possession is off limits?

• You don't think a husband and wife should belong to one another?

• No. They are their own people.

• It's just perfect !!

• It would be too weird.

• I would feel very special and loved

• Maybe once in a while. I'd prefer for him to mainly call me something funny. My best guy friend calls me Barney.

• It's weird. I love "princess" and "darling". Yes I am old fashioned.

• mneh... It wouldn't be my favorite name... I prefer "beautiful" or if we are having a fun disagreement pulling the "yes dear" is super cute...

"Hey Beautiful" is (for me) much better than "my beauty"... especially in public... because "my beauty" sounds very body-beauty focused where as "beautiful" is a statement about her over all beauty (body, personality, smaller details etc).

• Sweet... but kind of awkward

• i wouldn't like it.

• why though?

• thing is i wouldn't use the word beautiful if i were only referring to her looks, gorgeous, stunning or hot maybe. When i say beautiful i mean everything about her

• hmm. interesting. but i still don't like it. just "beautiful" sounds better. :) my dad calls my mom "my beauty" sometimes, and he is the most unromantic guy ever. hahaha.

• I'd refer to him as "my beast."

My beauty sounds weird. I rather be called beautiful.
    He may mean well but the term doesn't ring well... I'd feel like his property that he created.

• haha I wouldn't mind that actually, i know what you mean though it sounds slightly strange linguistically... though i thought that being slightly possessive wasn't such a bad thing? -so long as you don't take it too far

• Hahaha, well you do mean well.
      It would have to grow on me personally.

And really? lol it would be funny assuming you were a hairy hot guy.

Possessive is okay for some. Maybe in a like tickle or cuddling sesh and he says something along the lines of "you're mine" :)

• Weird. Creepy.

• creepy? even from your boyfriend?

• Ok? You sound really awkward no offense

• hahahaha :)

• I would feel like he only values my looks.. like if I called my bf.."aww my wallet "

• .. even if he only called you it every now and then?

• That's fine.. I thought you meant that that was goin to be your pet name for her..(like the only thing you call her )., I mean every now and then shouldn't be bad..

What Guys Said 2

• by the way I do message my girl good mrng beautiful every morning n wake her up :)

• They'd probably wonder what 19th century novel you crawled out of.