Self harm? Self explanatory question?

What do guys think of scars from self harm? Does it affect if you would date a girl?

I no longer self harm. I did when I was younger and I have a few scars. But I'm very happy and healthy now so as to anyone worrying about it I am it was just a question. Thanks for the opinions ^.^
If* I am

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it would, only to the extent of me wanting to know why she has self harmed. We all have scars, some are just external while others are internal.

Please talk to someone about the self harm.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope, never would date one.

I wrote bible on cutters. I know too much about them. It is not the scars so much, it is there scared mind that turns me off. They need to find guy that thinks cutting is cool or does not know much about the disorder and that is not me.

• No but I would want her to seek help and if you are harming yourself please seek help

• Well... that puts you higher on the crazy scale. If you're sufficiently photogenic you may still fall into the "fun" zone, or possibly the "friend" zone, but I wouldn't pursue a long term, stable relationship with such a woman. That level of crazy is where cars get keyed, houses get vandalized, cops get called, etc.

What Girls Said 1

• a guy told me he liked me a little while ago but once i warned him that i had self harmed he started ignoring me and now his friends make cutting jokes around me. not great for my self esteem to be honest.