Should I give her another chance? If I wasn't important enough then, what stops that from happening again?

I went out with a co-worker of my brothers. We both had a great time (talking and laughing through the whole movie). A couple days later I ask her out again, she says yes, but tells me she'll have to let me know on the date.
A week goes by and still nothing, I text her but she didn't reply. She works at a petstore where I go weekly to get petfood and when I walk in there she walks up to me and when I ask her about it she tells me her phones not working. This goes on for a couple weeks, till one day I walk in and she's the only register open, as she's checking me out she's talking and making jokes, but I didn't reply or say anything but "thankyou" and I walked out. After that, I stopped going there.
A few months pass and I get a text from her saying "Hi, how are you?", she makes small talk and I finally ask her why she's texting me after all this time as if nothing happened. She explains that she had just got out of a bad relation ship when we went out and wasn't ready to date again, but responded to it in a childish way. She told me she was very sorry and didn't know what she was thinking at the time, I told her I forgive her and that was that. Eventually I star dating a girl who becomes my girlfriend, this only lasts for a few months. I ended up breaking up with her because of how flakey she was and time after time I gave her second chances, till I realized she was just doing it again. a few more months later I start going back to the pet store and I see the girl again, I had forgiven her so I felt no anger toward her. We would make small talk and that's all, I would see her maybe once a month. She started telling my brother she wants me to give her a second chance, but is afraid to ask me. My brother said she doesn't stop talking about me. I regret giving the chances I did to my ex, and that's why i'm reluctant to doing it again. I believe to find the one girl I'll spend my life with, and i don't think that a girl that reject me once is right for me.

• Give her another chance
  • Don't give her another chance

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly i wouldn't give her a second try because that was a long time to text u back and her excuse was childish and hard to believe. After your last experience, you are still kind of fragile so just give it some time. Hang out with the girl but only as friends

What Girls Said 1

• Well From what she has done before Id say a chance to be friends first at least and see how it goes again.

What Guys Said 1

• At first I wanted to say that you shouldn't, but then I thought back to how emotionally unstable I was after I went through a bad breakup. You aren't yourself in that situation, and while not an excuse, it is a semi-justifiable reason for acting the way she did.