Why do I keep having fantasies about my best male friend?

I don't know what it is but I've known this guy for 2 years now. He's been there for me though out my relationship with my ex and after it too. He comforted me when I was heartbroken and knows how to make me laugh! I do enjoy talking to him and always have!
Nowadays I keep having fantasies about him and me in bed and it's getting so creepy!
Does anyone have a rough idea of what this could be?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, for one it seems like he's treating you right, so it sounds like it could be your subcontious instincts trying to tell you he's be a good mate. (how the hell is that possible? Well, our bodies are still stuck in the stone age, and instincts are till very much present. so it is a real posibility). Perhaps it's time to let HIM have a try with you? I mean, if he treats you as well as you describe, it sounds like you'd get a faithfull and caring guy. Perhaps it's those traits your subcontiousness have picked up?

So move him out of the friendzone XD

• Thanks that helped a lot :)

• @pinky123_ sounds like it wouldn't be hard to tugg at his heartstrings if you tried XD
      So i'd say it's a foundation for a more affectionate and intimate form of love, rather than a more carnal form. It sounds to me like it's genuine love, rather than infatuation. I'd suggest that you spend the next couple months trying to get over your ex, and trying to clear your mind. Once that is done i suggest you sit down and have a serious tought about the 5 most important personality traits you want from a guy. Maybe you'll be surprised by your findings. And if your friend fits them, i'd say you should give him a fair chance.

@kiwifun quite the oposite. If you want to get over an ex that choe to not have anything to do with you, that's the quickest and most effective way to do it. Realize he's gone, accept you can't get him back, and move on while leaving him in the past. Because he's no part of your life anymore. And OP did not want to stay friends with him...

What Guys Said 4

• For the reasons you'd expect. He has an 'attainability' to him. Having him close is a boost to your sub-conscience ego, and you are responding to that. It isn't bad or out of the ordinary. Your could always give a serious relationship with him a try, but a good guy friend is hard to come by, so you may not want to risk screwing with the friendship.

• He obviously makes you feel good about yourself and part of you thinks he is good boyfriend material

• Why should it creep you out? The man seems to have a heart.

• I don't know I never pictured him a boyfriend type or the one making love to me

• His good-natured care and helpfulness is rubbing off on you. You are developing feelings for him.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like someone is in love, Pinky...:)) xxoo

• LOOOOOL I'm getting there but my feelings for my ex are still raw but it's going... Slow slow ;)

• With more time and spending more time together, you may be on your way to forgetting the skeleton in the closet..:)) xxoo

• is he hot.