Is it wrong to expect more?

The guy I've been casually seeing wants me to be "his girl" and be exclusive, but he still just wants things to be casual and to see me like once a week for a quick drink and a hook up. Is it wrong to expect more than that from someone if they want to be exclusive? If they want to be exclusive, shouldn't I be allowed to expect proper dates?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's not wrong for you to want more than that. It's also not wrong for him to want less than that. He's not in a place (or you're not the girl) where he wants to have more, but is trying to make it easier on you to accept by making you his girlfriend. And maybe he's being safe too, who knows.

But no, your needs matter. Your wishes matter. Just because a guy calls himself your boyfriend but doesn't make you happy doesn't mean you have to agree to it. I wouldn't agree to it.

What Guys Said 3

• If y'all want to be together exclusively then I would want to hang out more than just once a week. If he really likes you he should want to hang out more. It sounds like he might be a player and be doing the same thing with other girls...

• It's not wrong. It's what you want. From the sounds of it it sound like he wants you for exclusive FWB. I'd clear things up with him.

• Yeah you should be able to expect proper dates

What Girls Said 2

• So... he wants you to be his exclusive hookup?

If you're not ok with that, you have every right to refuse. And if he doesn't want to be serious, he has the same right to have his expectations met.

So if neither of you can't give what the other one wants, time to look for love in other places.

• If you guys want be exclusive you should be able to expect more than drinks and a hook up. You have to tell him that if you guys are going to be exclusive you want actually spend some time with him.