What in the world just happened?

The guy that I've been seeing for the past 3 months called me yesterday and told me that he was offered a job but that he might not get it to keep because he has a criminal record that would come up on the background check. He has a assault and battery charge on him and a few DUIs. This happened when he was in his 20s, he's 33 now. He was really upset and wanted to talk. I told him that he could come over anytime yesterday.

He texted me later that night... drunk... and asked if I would come over there instead because he was to out of it to leave. Because I didn't want him to drive drunk I agreed to go.
He continued on texting me while I was getting ready to leave. He's started calling me baby, babe and boo (eye roll) and then said the strangest thing, "Thank you soooo much for being a friend at the very least."

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?

I get there and he's so drunk he's stuttering. I'm trying to comfort him. Finally I say,"lets just go to sleep." He agreed. I REALLY MEANT THAT WE SHOULD JUST GO TO SLEEP (I thought he wouldn't be able to get it up being that drunk), but we ended up having sex anyway.

During the sex he asked me "do you like me?" I said yes. I asked him the same thing and he said "Yes and I'm being so stupid." I wanted to stop right there but I kept going and asked "why?" He said because "I keep fucking you." (We've had sex multiple times throughout us knowing each other) I didn't know what to think after that so I let it go and figured I would wait until he was feeling better to get a better answer.

When the sex was over I got caught in my feelings and said "Do you really like me? Like really like me?" He sounded like he was going to cry and said, "yeah, why would you say that?" I had to calm him down and tell him to go to sleep and he did.

My question is... what do you think the, "Yes and I'm being so stupid...[because] I keep fucking you." and the "Thank you soooo much for being a friend at the very least" comments meant?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like he might think he's a lousy guy that no one wants? I don't know this guy sounds like he isn't ready to be in any sort of relationship...