Can being alone for a big amount of time hurt you in any way?

I don't want to go through all the details here cause they are probably a lot, so i'll keep this as short as i can.
I have been single for a good amount of time and had an adventure lately. When it started to end it made me a little bitter with people. Maybe somewhat cynical too at times.
Last time i got laid it was casual sex with a fuckbuddy until i got tired of that. This was about 10 months ago. But i feel yet that i want some time alone rather than have a reletionship or something casual again.

Can't help but wonder though: Will being alone for a long period of time make you worse in relatioships? Or worse in bed? For example, i have this crazy worry that when i will have sex again i won't be that good at it anymore cause i'll only remember the basics.. Any people with experience at being alone for a relatively long period of time?

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who's had long dry patches, I wouldn't worry. It's just sex - not rocket science. It's pretty much instinctive. Anyway, if you don't get it right the first time, I'm sure you'll get a second chance if the person likes you.

Apart from that, the only thing you have to watch out for is loneliness, i. e. feeling lonely. That can be dangerous in the long run, increasing the odds of early death by 45%, and making you more suspicious and defensive when dealing with people. In other words, it can create a bad cycle. So if you start feeling lonely, start engaging with other people again. If you want to know more, google 'john cacioppo loneliness'.

What Girls Said 1

• it can make you crazy

• oh wait i didn't read the whole thing. Being single is not the samething as being alone. My dad has been single since before i was born but he is not alon because he has me and family and freinds.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah I've been alone for a long while. I'm not gonna lie I long for someone to actually be with but I just haven't found that right person yet, but I've found what helps a lot is self acceptance. Understand who you are and what you want from life. Learn to be content with your own company then everything else will fall into place. Meditation can aid greatly with this and also enhance other areas of your life. At first it's hard to do but once you. Learn how it will work wonders. All the best man