Men I need your opinion?

I met this guy yesterday at a tailgate. He was super nice and he gave me his phone number. He also added me on Facebook. he's a year older than me. His dad and step mom were at the tailgate too. His step mom pulled me to the side and told me that he's a very shy, unconfident guy. Which was mind blowing to me because this guy is gorgeous and has an AWESOME personality! Anyways, he told me later in the day that he's looking for someone he an be comfortable with. He also told me that he has been to rehab for pill popping addiction. He said he's been clean now for about a year. Obviously my guard is up big time with that. But I wanted to know, if this guy really is shy and self conscious, should I contact him or should I let him come to me? I am by no means playing hard to get. I just don't want to be pushy or aggressive because I know I can be that way because I want a relationship so bad. I'm tired of being single. Lol sooo what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Take the bull by the horns and your gonna have to be somewhat aggressive. I speak from experience on this one!

• Ok. I don't want to be TOO aggressive! Lol so how can I approach this?

• If it were me I would do it on Thursday. That would give him at least 24 hours to think about the coming date... or if he says no it would give him time to second guess himself and possibly call you back and say yes... You never know. Just don't ask the question if you don't want the answer, rejection sucks!

• Oh I know that's why I never ask those types of questions. He was a little drunk when he told me "Hopefully we can hang out soon!" But again, he was drunk!

What Guys Said 8

• If he's been clean for a year, then might as well be off his addiction now as fall back to it. You do not know the situation that lead to the pill abuse. For all you know it could have been something that warranted a bout of pill induced coma. If he doesn't contact you in a week, call him back. No need to overthink. Have a date and see what happens.

• if you are into him. you should call or text him. he gave you the info so you could reach out to him. if he is shy, he'll mostly likely appreciate you taking initiative

• Approach him, there's no bad in that. I understand that you have "your guard up", but there is a good chance that he is being honest. Maybe he is clean. If he's shy then that gives you all the more reason to talk with him. If you make him comfortable, he going to open up more and chances are very high that he's going to like you. I don't see any disadvantage of approaching him.

• You should be appreciate he was fighting away his shyness just to be able to get a long with you, and gave you his phone number. If I were you, go ahead and communicate with him, I am pretty sure he is pleased and happy to see you. I am a very shy person in real life, so I know how he feels. Good luck, girl! :)

• Just message him and don't worry about it.

• hmm... step mother says he is 'very shy' and 'unconfident', yet he has 1. added you to facebook, 2. given you his phone number and 3. told you he is looking. - Doesn't sound so shy to me!

• I would say contact him since he is shy etc. but pill popping, I am not sure if it is a good idea.

• Right. Like I said, I'm keeping my guard up big time with all of that. But I didn't know what to do about the shyness.

• Give him a chance.. Everyone deserves a second chance.. Kudos to his sobriety, i went through the same thing but with alcohol.. We are human, we all make mistakes

What Girls Said 0