Do I have a chance with this girl?

Ok so there is this girl that i have liked for a year now, But things kind of got awkward between us so we haven't really been talking. She used to SHOW many SIGNS of interest such as talking and smiling at me a lot, offering me things, sitting next to me, looking at me, etc.. This was awhile ago but after i told her i had feelings for her, she STARTED acting shy around me, she wouldn't talk to me unless i talked to her and she would look down. I Didn't talk to her for months thinking she didn't like me. After that she got back with her ex who she is broken up with now. When she was with him, she said "maybe we could be great friends" to me. That was last year in the 10th grade and now we are juniors, she just broke up with one of my guy friends (at least i heard) We still do not talk though. Lately i have been seeing her look at me a lot though, and my friends notice to. I caught her staring at me at least 3 times, 1 time was in class and from the corner of my eye i saw her looking at me and the moment i turned around and looked at her she looked away real fast. On the other hand, I always see her flirting with other guys. She got this dude's kik right in my face and i always see her smiling and laughing with other guys and touching them to, yet all she does is look at me sometimes while she is flirting with other guys... its confusing... I doubt she likes me because the only real sign she shows is looking at me often, well there were 2 times when i was talking to other girls and she kind of interrupted the conversation... I don't know why though since me and her don't talk... I don't know maybe its just a friend thing... But anyways do i have a chance with her or am i only going to be an old friend?

• Yes you do have a chance
  • No, Just forget about her

Most Helpful Girl

• she became shy immediately after you told her you liked her - that probably means that she didn't expect that from you so soon. maybe she had some feelings for you at the time, but she wasn't so sure about them yet, and your confession made her feel pressured. you didn't officially ask her out after telling her you liked her, right? so she would think, "what is our relationship now?" when a guy tells me he likes me, or if i can feel very obvious signs of him liking me, and i have some romantic feelings for the guy, sometimes, i react in the same way because the guy didn't officially ask me out or anything, and so as girls, we'd be confused about our current relationship with you boys, and would try to avoid you. but if she's looking at you again, she may still be interested. maybe she felt that you weren't serious, or maybe something stopped her from pursuing a relationship with you. maybe she wasn't ready for a new relationship because of her ex. there could be a variety of reasons for a girl to suddenly back off like that. some girls are actually uncomfortable with guys that they like who like them back while being completely carefree with other guys that they have no interest in having a serious romantic relationship with. i can be playful and outgoing with my guy friends who i know i'll never consider dating, but around my crush who i think likes me back, i get so nervous that i don't even look him in the eye and sometimes avoid him because of the butterflies i get in my stomach when i'm near him. that may be the case with this girl as well. but it's not the same with every girl, so maybe you should have a talk about this with her privately? it's better to confront this sooner rather than later because relationships are tricky and sometimes, waiting will get someone hurt

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't. It seems like after she knew you liked her, she lost interest in you because she feared getting too close to you. She didn't want to lead you on more than she had. She's moved on and maybe misses the friendship you had but if she ever had any romantic feelings for you, she would've spoken up by now. She didn't mind speaking up with the other guys she's dated. Move on and smile about it all. She wasn't going to be interested in you no matter what you did. And that's great that you're meeting new people! It may not lead to another relationship but at least you know she wasn't right for you and that someone else will be. :)

• I don't know why but i can't move on. Like i said i've been avoiding her for several months now and i still like her a lot...

• I'm in the same situation with this wrestler who's in a lot of my classes. It hurt me to realize he'd friendzoned me but it wasn't like he was making any efforts to talk to me or anything. At first, like you, I only wanted him to feel happy, but then it just... Hurt too much. Liking him wasn't enough for me. I wanted to talk to him and know more about his life but after seeing him with other girls (and yes, we still talk and I get mixed signals all the time) I just distanced myself. It's not going to help either of us. One sided relationships is liked the one squared, it just equals one person holding the relationship together. That's self torture. Relationships shouldn't have to always hurt.

• Forget her, sweetie, she is as fickle as a pickle and not too koshore for sure in my Book of Etiquette. She enjoyed the flirting and flaunting and when you told her you liked her, she clammed up And-----She wouldn't talk to me unless I talked to her...
    She is flirting and flaunting and having a fling with every other tom, dick and harry... but never has given you even a shot so with this, it is a shot in the dark to continue to try for someone who always will end up shooting you down.
    Move on, you certainly deserve better than this little tease and please who could give a rat's behind for you. Let sleeping dogs lie from now on, she has barked up the wrong tree when you tried to grab the juiciest apple at the top of the tree who was just too hard to grab and now... you are left with a sad broken heart because you wore it on your sleeve and she just ended up ripping it off.
    Good luck. xx

• Well maybe what i am seeing only "looks" like flirting but i could be wrong

• With What I am seeing and reading, she gets around... no, you're right. xx

• Well if u lik her a lot.. Don giv up.. Confess ur feelings d last time.. Tel her that its d last time u r ever available to her. N noe her reply..
    Then if negative.. Give up..
    Sometimes it happens that she thinks u might b her back up plan.
    So just b clear as to what is goin on witj her life n move on if nt interested.
    Cheers:)

• When you told her you liked her she got awkward because she knew you liked her. Girls get awkward, but she definitely has some kind of feelings towards you.

• oh yeah she definitely likes you bud. She just gets scared around you. Try ignoring her back but in a polite way dont be mean. Just let her know that she's not affecting you. Some girls are just too afraid to admit their true crushes.

• What in the text gave away that she is scared around me?

• well you said she would talk and smile at you a lot. Then she started becoming shy after you expressed your feelings. This most likely means she is only scared to admit that she likes you.

• And dont listen to the people who say not to tell her that you like her. It is most definitely okay to tell a girl you like her. Just be careful on how you approach her. If you tell her once then dont tell her again. Leave it alone. If she really likes you then she'll come back

• Girls feel like they have value when a guy likes them. this is crappy but, sometimes when we know a guy likes us we keep him around to cheer us up on bad or just boring days. Now that you've backed off of her and started talking to other girls, she misses all the attention you used to give her and that's why she's starting to pay more attention to you. unfortunately, she doesn't like you

• Well actually, when i told her i liked her i ignored her right after, before she wasn't doing any of this until like several months after... so its confusing

• Lol no even then we still didn't even talk that much, She would always initiate whenever we talked

• I'm not saying you are wrong about her liking me, as a matter of fact she probably doesn't. I was just letting you know the exact situation

• She gaved up on you first.. You missed your big chance!
    Well darn! >_<
    Give up on her I reckon!
    Because, it will only hurt you if you keep liking who won't notice you anymore..
    Find another better girl!

What Guys Said 4

• Best thing you can do is tell her how you felt. Keeping this kind of thing insude can hurt you, and until you have closure it can hamper future relationships.

• Sounds like she is not into you. Either she never felt any attraction from the start and you just misinterpreted her flirty nature for interest or the way you came on to her with your feelings turned her off. Just walk away and don't bother with her

• Man, what you did wrong is that you admitted your feelings. Damn, where's the mystery?

And yeah, she now only she's you as a friend - plus she disrespects you.

Good job playing the nice guy/true friend card though. Oh yeah, friendzone area is over there, on the second right.

• I Don't understand... What's wrong with admitting your feelings to a girl?

• and What in my description implies me as being a "true friend"? We haven't even talked in several months...

• Give up. The longer the question the less likely your success.

• that's stupid...

• Whats "meaningless" to you could mean a lot to someone else

• That's the point. The less objective the less realistic.